OSSN v4.3 has been released please upgrade your website.

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 7 years ago

OSSN v4.3 has been released please upgrade your website. A sidebar navigation is improved and the multi line comment box has been added. A three new languages has been added and a license file has been update please check the new license to use v4.3: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/licence/

• OSSN v4.x partially upgraded to v4.2
  • wall/view didn't escape new lines #920
  • Components:getSettings shows wrong value #936
  • Ossnphotos get cover type 1 not working #943
  • OssnGroups : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'item_guid' #942
  • Refused to execute script from because strict mime type chorme #944
  • Comments attachment image not responsive #938
  • Remove spaces from the input #948
  • Photos posted from phone get rotated #918
  • Add class name for dynamic menu items #934
  • Add hook to override the ossn input #928
  • Redirect User to login page if session expired from home page #929
  • Add mod_rewrite prerequisite skip param. #927
  • Sidebar (menu) design improvements.
  • Profile cover comment and likes notification not appears #945
  • Site newsfeed (wall) becomes unusable if OssnLikes component is disabled #955
  • HTML(divs) must not be nested in paragraphs #962
  • Unused param removed from isUsername() check #969
  • Allow to use db ports in hostname #970 Thanks to @rodrigodemacedo <https://github.com/rodrigodemacedo
  • Show errors to admins if enabled (not to visitors) #961
  • Delete unused files #956
  • Postings and comments with same behaviour #924
  • Create link in nav to list all groups #990

UPDATE!!

A patch has been added for those who are facing comments issues on profile covers. Don't worry the upgrade process is simple for patch,

Replies
German Claus Lampert Replied 7 years ago

Sorry that I come back to this point because it´s really important to me and I can´t solve it on my own.
Issue #924: Postings and comments with same behaviour #924
In OSSN 4.1 and 4.2 there is still the problem, that {ENTER} sends the comment. That´s a big difference between the Wall-Posting and the Comment-Field.
To enter a line-feed, I have to send the comments with no line-feeds and then I have to edit the comment.
In my opinion postings and comments should work the same way. This should be fixed in OSSN 4.3

In OSSN 4.3 [ENTER] still sends the comment. [SHIFT-ENTER] enters a line feed which is not stored/ shown in the comment after sending it. In my opinion, postings and comments didn´t work the same way. Therefor issue #924 should be set to "open" or "no realization" but not to "solved".

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

A patch has been added for those who are facing comments issues on profile covers. Don't worry the upgrade process is simple for patch,

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Darry,
you're using Ossn for quite some time now. Why don't you simply take an hour for making friends with the available documentation provided at
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/all ?

It's not hidden in a top secret place but easily reachable from the top menu
enter image description here

ng Darry James Replied 7 years ago

For some of us that haven't upgrade before, please could someone write an instrustions on how to upgrade. Things needed before doing it. Like, basic site settings to turn "ON or OFF" Before proceeding??
Thanks In Advance.

Much Love!

The "Beta or not" question has been answered by Arsalan already 6 hours ago in this thread. Official release updated are never beta.
Re:
Error: Call to undefined function and lots more?

Please report precise error messages and locations and we can have look. Just "lots of more" isn't very helpful.

See: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug
and how to enable error reporting

Hmmmm. That's alright.
Thanks @Zet.
But I hope this new v4.3 is error free?
Like it won't leave me to some problems like Error: Call to undefined function and lots more?
Please I would like to know. Also is this a beta version or full version?

@Darry,
All your changes will be overwritten, if you had changed core files directly. See:
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/704/should-i-modify-core-files

Right that's why Ossn comes with a pluggable component concept to avoid hassles like that. Make the changes to your own components - separated from the core, and you'll be safe.

Please I have a question.
Upgrading my website now, will it affect my changes ? I mean both replacing my edited components, my customized toopbar, my edited locale/en
And lots more changes I have done already??
Please I really want to know about this before upgrading as not to regret my actions.
Please tell me exactly what I have to loose when I upgrade?
Urgent answer needed please!
Thanks so much.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

@Calus, The new line can be added when you press SHIFT + ENTER, of facebook when you press SHIFT + Enter the new line is added. And when you press Enter the comment is posted so the same case is here, with SHIFT + ENTER a new line is added.

@Adolfo , I guess you are using premium version? Please contact our support team they shall send you fix.

@Felipe, The version isn't beta.

mx Adolfo Carnicero Replied 7 years ago

I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.3 and receive this error:

Error: Call to undefined function ossnregistersystem_sdk()

Im afraid this function is missing in my core...
any help?