PREMIUM VERSION Social 5.1 Slow load time with 10 Posts (mostly imbedded YouTube video)

Stewart Mitchell Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Hi,

Firstly, thank you very much for creating this platform, it's great!

My website takes about 6 seconds to load, hosted in AWS with Cloudlfare in front. I can only show 10 posts, I would like to show all posts without login and pagination after every three posts

Once logged in, the pagination works and shows all posts in a very fast manner.

Please can you help?

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

To add my two cents.

1. You are using old version of v5.1
  2. Same answer as Zetman, youtube is taking time to load.

Please comeback here after upgrade and the removing the youtube video links from home page and we'll see the difference.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Looks like you have to buy youtube then to make things faster... :)
Just did a record of your site, sorted by loading times descending order ...

enter image description here

I don't want to bore the people here with the complete list - but in fact it takes some time before the first Ossn related request is shown at all.
That is: It's Youtube in first place which is making your site so slow.
But I'm sure you will ignore these facts again - the same way as you did ignore all other answers you got before.

It's a silly idea from the start in general, to stuff a landing page with a load like that, but assuming another software like Ossn would make things faster!?! --- that's where my imagination stops.

Thai Stewart Mitchell Replied 4 years ago

Still no help on this. I'm using some of the fastest servers on the planet and the site is slow as hell. Having told you several times pagination works once logged in, seems to go unheard. Paying for a site that takes 6—14 seconds to load is not acceptable. The complete lack of support in the area, is making rethink and purchase a better platform.

Thanks Z-man,

Still I don't understand why logged in users have a faster UI. Also pagination does speed up pages because it's loading a set amount of posts, then loads the next when you scroll. (maybe I'm wrong, but this is how I understand it to work)

TBH I would just like to open the whole platform without login. Surely this feels a quick fix. I'm willing to pay out my pocket from a website that makes no money, purely to share truth.

Again, appreciate the help.

Regards Stewart

Looks like you got me wrong, Stewart.
I was trying to explain that pagination is not a speed booster.
Hence, even if you HAD a pagination on your front page - it wouldn't make things faster.
I pressed F12 to open my developer window and loaded your front page while looking at the "Network" tab:
It's those youtube videos and accompanied javascripts which are causing longer loading times.
And they WILL load - with and without pagination.

Thanks but how can I have pagination on landing page?

I don't like AWS i don't know why people kike it too much its slow as hell.

Further make sure your cache is enabled in OSSN and you are using latest version.

Social theme is not designed to show pagination on landing page (login, posts, register). It only shows 3 post which is how it is created.

Hi Z-Man,

Thanks for the help. I will try to explain.

Once a user is logged in pagination works very well, but when a user is not logged in pagination appears to not work at all using the Premium Social 5.1 theme.

The site is very slow to load on AWS using some of the highest spec instances and cached behind Cloudflare.

The issue is resolved when a user logs in, but I would like pagination to work without login.

The live website is fringe.today and dev website is fringe.news.

Again, I appreciate all the help with this project.

Regards

Stewart

Stewart,
I don't quite understand what you're trying to achieve?
I mean: pagination wouldn't make things faster.
If your site is that slow that 'people just won't wait' as you said
I would think of changing your hosting in first place and not the code.