OSSN v5.5 LTS has been released

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

We have just released v5.5 resolving major problem with message delete and German translation file for messages. We have also improved OssnBlock bit of it.

I am sorry for early release as i can not keep you apart from the major issue fix and to make your website open to issues. Our general release time-frame is 6 to 7 months but these issues made us to release v5.4 and 5.5 before that time frame.

Next release would be OSSN 6.0 which can be expect after 6 to 7 months. Unless no major critical issue found 😂😂

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

@Bob create a different discussion about your problem please. https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/add

German Bob Weston Replied 4 years ago

I believe there is an issue with the "About" page for this version.
I have made a lot of User Fields and selected "Show on About page" but they do not show, only the basic information shows.. am i doing something wrong?

us John Miller Replied 4 years ago

I downloaded the zip to upload to my server.
The server anti-virus stopped the upload.
I have sent a screenshot via Facebook messenger.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Holger and Emmanuel,

five days have passed - and we're still waiting for your feedback!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Holger,
if your Ossn does not run on PHP > 7.2 then the PHP implementation on your NAS has a general problem.

What operation system is running on that NAS?

@Holger A. Please see case B https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error and open a new discussion topic. Looks like broken files or you edited it and forgot to adding )

German Holger A. Replied 4 years ago

It's still the problem, when I want to see the information about the PHP Version, there's a system overload, and I have to restart my NAS.

Error log as following:
[25-Aug-2020 20:44:44 Europe/Berlin] [#1598381084|67BAB7059FBC1096372314E17FC201E4] ParseError: syntax error, unexpected '"en"' (TCONSTANTENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ')' in /volume1/web/ossn/locale/ossn.de.php:356

Stack trace:

0 /volume1/web/ossn/system/plugins/default/forms/admin/basicsettings.php(15): ossnloadavailablelanguages()

1 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/volume1/web/os...')

2 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

3 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

4 /volume1/web/ossn/system/plugins/default/output/form.php(18): ossnpluginview('forms/admin/bas...', Array)

5 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/volume1/web/os...')

6 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

7 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

8 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(241): ossnpluginview('output/form', Array)

9 /volume1/web/ossn/system/plugins/default/settings/admin/basicsettings.php(13): ossnviewform('admin/basicset...', Array)

10 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(27): include('/volume1/web/os...')

11 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.views.php(50): ossn_include('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

12 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.plugins.php(75): ossn_view('/volume1/web/os...', Array)

13 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.admin.php(254): ossnpluginview('settings/admin/...')

14 /volume1/web/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.page.php(73): ossnadministratorpagehandler(Array, 'administrator')

15 /volume1/web/ossn/index.php(22): ossnloadpage('administrator', Array)

16 {main}

It's the same problem with the versions 5.3 and 5.4

It could take a very long time, then OSSN will work again.

Installed PHP 7.2.29
Apache 2.2

(its not working with PHP 7.3 or higher and Apache 2.4)

@Emmanuel you should see CASE B https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error and open a new discussion on community we'll try to look into it with you.

ng Emmanuel Onatola Replied 4 years ago

I have an issue with displaying online and offline friends at the sidebar like Facebook. Did the mistake come from the update i did or it has been removed by OSSN update?

Dutch Everwijn Overberg Replied 4 years ago

Awsome! Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend! :-)