As we all know Ossn is using the right column for displaying ads on large screens.
But since this right column is hidden on mobile devices, ads are disappearing, too and a little improvement makes sense to my opinion.
That's why I'd like to ask:
1. Are you using Ossn ads at all?
2. If so, how many ads are in your pool?
3. Where would you like to see your ads in mobile view?
Thanks in advance for your feedback and assistance.
1) possibly as a "link" in the drop down/left panel on mobile views so that it has its own page
2) Possibly as a new icon in the top bar as a drop down window of its own, similar to Messages or Notifications.
3) or as suggested, place in the newsfeed, similar to FB, every nth post, so that users are not bombarded with ads in one go.
I realized that as an admin, the posts are shown to all the site members. So as admin, one can post advertisements on occasion and they are then a part of all users newsfeeds, much like the ads on facebook. To be honest, if someone can come up with a component that will insert like admin posts ads into the user newfeed every 10th or 15th posting, then voila! Perfectly good ad system for the mobile user.
Below the cover maybe, but if site owner have 10 ads it would be irritating. (Maybe in sidebar if mobile, but this is just idea and can be messy sidebar (black sidebar) , however it will only work with ossn default theme)
Looking forward to see what other says.