Creating a fork of OSSN into a team based data gathering system.

Rally Homelancer Posted in General Discussion 5 years ago

OSSN is definitely an easy social network platform to develop with. With encouraging members to interact. However, I'm thinking of creating a fork of the OSSN platform into a platform to gather data thus instead of the usual individual members, it will be used by team of agents who gather data that can be accessed although out the system. The best example would be an online employee records that agents gather documents about a person or entity in which the data gathered can be assessed by other agents depending on their access restrictions. Or even dosiers or medical records or history.

Which comes to the question - are we allowed to create a fork of OSSN - Opensource-Social Network, into a team-based data gathering system. Provided the source code conforms to the OSSN License.

Replies
ph Rally Homelancer Replied 5 years ago

Ok great. I'll use the latest version then. It will be for a client so it wont be available on Github.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Hi, you are free to use OSSN as per license : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/licence/
Ossn v1.x and v5.x uses same stuff as that was our goal, to not to break anything in future version, so suggest you to use latest version.

ph Rally Homelancer Replied 5 years ago

I'm thinking of either using the previous OSSN v4.4 or v4.6 as the base of the fork version as I'm more familiar with it.