Ossn already exist on my database.

Tagoloan Sabijon Posted in Technical Support 3 years ago

Hi, I'm on a shared server with godaddy.. and ossn already exist.. can i create other database name instead of ossn?? Newbie here

Replies
us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

Yea man... good luck! :)

ph Tagoloan Sabijon Replied 3 years ago

Thank you so much Philip Lozier and ~Z~ Man for the immediate reply. now i learned alot from you guys.. :)

WRT previous response. Godaddy doesn't have softaculous installer. I switched from namecheap to godaddy. Had to do a manual install of OSSN. I have linux hosting on godaddy and softaculous is NOT in the cPanel. What I said about database name does apply, though.

I also use godaddy. But... not shared hosting.. Learned quick that you can't do videos, and you don't have root access, on shared hosting and switched to Gen4 VPS. I did start out on the shared hosting, and NOTHING was pre-installed as far as applications... it IS in the softaculous installer, though. as far as database names, sure... you can give it a unique name.... it will be appended to your home directory name, though and you will end up with something like <home dir><name>. To be more clear... if your home directory name is "happyplace", and you give your database a unique name of "funkysite", the database name will end up being "happyplacefunkysite", and that is what you will need to enter when running the OSSN installer. (NOTE) this editor doesn't seem to like underscore characters... there will be an underscore in between the home directoy name and unique database name.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Even on shared hosting each client should have its own webspace and database(s) - untouchable by others.
If this is not the case (Ossn already exists !?!) - forget about it and change to another provider.
Aside from that it's not recommended to run Ossn on shared hosting anyway, since you'll run into performance issues and other limits like number of allowed database transactions, etc. sooner or later.