Can someone help me edit the profile and search of OSSN?

Dominik L Posted in Component Development 1 year ago

I want to edit the search and profile of OSSN

Users need to insert their birthdate when they are registering to my site and now I want to show the users age and gender in their profile beside the profile picture.

In addition to that, I want to optimize the search function to look for a specific age, an age range AND/OR gender to find users in my own age/gender

Can someone help me with that? I'm willing to pay for the component development

Like that:

enter image description here

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 days ago

I think, at least I found a solution for adding the age and gender. See
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/7007/eighteen-male

German Dominik L Replied 5 days ago

Nope I didn’t

us Noah Domani Replied 5 days ago

@Dominik L did you ever get this working? I am looking to have the same thing.

Dutch Aimee Wade Replied 12 months ago

Yes, it is possible to add the functionality you described to your OSSN site. You can hire a developer or a development team to create a custom component for your site that adds the features you require.

To do this, you will need to provide the developer with detailed requirements and specifications for the component. You can find developers on freelance platforms such as Upwork or Freelancer, or you can seek recommendations from OSSN forums or communities.

It is important to make sure that the developer has experience working with OSSN and is able to deliver high-quality code. Additionally, you should discuss the timeline, budget, and any other relevant details with the developer before starting the project.

us Jonathan malin Replied 1 year ago

Yes, you can hire a developer to customize the Open Source Social Network (OSSN) to meet your requirements. You can post your job requirements on freelance websites or hire a developer directly. Be sure to clearly communicate your needs and negotiate the cost of development.

Sangro Goldie Hamilton Replied 1 year ago

To add age and gender information to the user's profile, you need to edit the OSSN search and profile pages. You can retrieve the user's birthdate from the database and calculate their age using PHP, and then display it on the profile page alongside their gender information.