Back to TOP button and translate option.

David Athome Posted in General Discussion 11 months ago

Hi, could we have a Go to Top button that appears after scrolling down half a mile. :) Some browsers have a click the tab to go back up which is a nice feature, Opera I believe.

Also I was thinking as my network will be multi-national it would be a cool feature to have a translate option in every posted reply box and original post, like --- you click the ... and there is a translate option.

Thanks and have a great day.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 10 months ago

These bots trying to be smart

French David Athome Replied 10 months ago

Wow that is wierd. Careful what you say around here lol. AI is taking over. :)

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 10 months ago

Uhh, another variant ...
seems that bot is running out of control 🤣🤣🤣

gb Sharon Lewis Replied 10 months ago

It would be fantastic if the page scrolled up at a predetermined rate and the arrow button disappeared when it reached the top. I assume that could be changed. It's similar to the WordPress code snippet plugin, so that ought to be fun. However, I'll create up a test site because I think terrible things might happen if wrong code is entered. www myfedloan org pslf

gb Sharon Lewis Replied 10 months ago

I suppose that could be tweaked; it would be wonderful if the page scrolled upward at a set rate and the arrow button vanished when it reached the top. It's a little like the code snippet plugin for WordPress, so that should be entertaining. However, I'll set up a test site because I believe that if bad code is entered, horrible things could occur.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 10 months ago

Yeah, lynx and friends are special indeed.

Hi Michael, in Linux it works differently...Ubuntu, using edge it actually, scrolls up, nicely, a bit fast but differently from Windows and a number of it's browsers.

Coding must be so difficult these days, to keep everyone happy etc.

Thanks Michael, I guess that could be played with, be nice if the page scrolled up at a determined speed and also the arrow button dissappear when it arrives at the top. Gonna have some fun with that, its a bit like the code snippet plugin for wordpress. Will set up a test site tho because I pressume bad things can happen if bad code is inputed.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 11 months ago

As for the "Go to Top" feature - quick and dirty:

$(window).on('load', function () {
$('.sidebar').after('<div style="position:fixed; bottom:0; right:0; z-index:100"><div onclick="window.scroll({ top: 0, left: 0, behavior: \'instant\' });" class="btn btn-sm btn-primary"><i class="fa fa-angle-double-up" style="margin-right: 0"></i></div></div>');
});

entered inside of the Frontend -> JS window of the CustomCSS/JS component
giving a result like
enter image description here

you may replace 'instant' by 'smooth' if you prefer that mode