Add privacy_changer for only me

yanick beaulieu Posted in Component Development 11 months ago

Hello I am new to the platform and I need to understand certain type of programming if you can help me it will be super appreciated

I'd like to make sure I can add a second privacy to the privacy_changer I'd like to make sure says find only me, friends, and public currently only me isn't here and I don't understand why it's not added . Although I think I added the configuration in the component

afterwards, I would like to know how to make sure to add items to the confidentiality

friend list
Pictures
blog

I think I need some information or a little lesson :)

Replies
Catalan Yanick beaulieu Replied 5 months ago

I totally agree but I'm looking for a solution to my problems

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 months ago

Yanick, as said there is no one file but there are many files and we don't know how many files are there it may takes days to find out everyplace. Talking about myself i can not help you to figure out each and every file because there is too much stuff to edit for this.

Would you be able to tell me where it is all the place that I have to make its modifications because this will be the most important thing to do instead of me having trouble wanting to hide the pages I don't want us to judge my project but I'm asking for help to come to terms for my community

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 months ago

OSSN_PRIVATE can not work there Is no private option in system it's just there for other thing.

Implementing it would require you to do large modification and its not one line or file.

I think I found what I was looking for but I don't want to display the code so as not to contradict security how I can send it to you I want to know if the code I made can be activated OSSN_PRIVATE in lib.system

Catalan Yanick beaulieu Replied 11 months ago

As I am new to the platform environment is it possible for me to find the main places that I should add it I am ready to take the time and tempted to try to add it my community asks me to have a only me and in context I have already found some things at least for the base, it would be great to have this little support to start properly.

I think working on this will also help me familiarize myself with the environment.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 11 months ago

There is no only me option and if you even add that in dropdown it will take so much edits to make it work. You will need to modify almost every component.

However for small stuff like pictures in album you add yourself, blog , friend list a separate component that add privacy option on profile edit page

• Blogs privacy (....)
  • Friends list privacy (...)

This can be created