Storing wallpost photos in a dedicated album automatically?

Michael Zülsdorff Posted in General Discussion 6 months ago

Let's say I just created a new wallpost with a photo attached like:

enter image description here

And this photo (as all other ones I attached to posts or comments) would be automatically archived in a dedicated 'Wall images' album like

enter image description here

as already implemented with the special 'Editor Images' folder storing photos from blogs and bios.

Would a feature like that make sense to you?

Replies
lu Open Picture Replied 4 months ago

This feature would not only be a very good idea but also expand the application of OSSN. This means you could also use OSSN as an online photo album with a sophisticated comment option and rating system.

German Dominik L Replied 4 months ago

Any new infos on this?

German Dominik L Replied 5 months ago

And also:

if someone uses a wall photo as profile picture, it should be available in "profile photos" album

German Dominik L Replied 5 months ago

I just had the idea:

I upload a photo on wall and it just normally appears in photos on profile -> maybe in an extra album like „uploads“?

So I am able to take this photo as a profile picture later.

I am building a social network, which mostly is used to find other people or for dating, so people are mostly uploading selfies on my website, they maybe want to use as profile picture later

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 6 months ago

Don't know. If I understand Dominik correctly, the idea was just having kind of a storage pool to keep every pic you've once used as part of a comment or post?!?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 months ago

Technically its possible but then how will we take care of others posts metadata like friends, location, text etc ?

Maybe in album we show the photos, and when clicking it takes to the wall post page?