Why you shouldn't modify core files
With "core" is meant all the files (includes database) that belong to the original Ossn installation.No matter how easy it is to modify core files to make Ossn do what you want it to do, resist the temptation.
- Doing so will make it complicated, difficult or near impossible to apply site updates such as Security and bug fixes.
- You will make it difficult for those that come after to maintain the site.
- You could possibly leave your site vulnerable to exploits.
- When receiving advice, consider if the person telling you to modify core will be around to rescue you if you run into trouble later.
- During the upgrade you'll lose all the changes you made.
What should you do?
Create a custom component and alter behavior through the Ossn component API.