Used 7z1505.exe zip to zip the component

Jhonson Kakiay Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

I am using this software to zip component file and its run well to install.

Replies
us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 9 years ago

Zet Man thanks for your explanation. I generally use the Archive Manager for Linux to compress files. Makes life so much easier.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

This component was initially built to run on OSSN 2.x and has never been updated, as we can clearly see on the module page.
If you really need to run this component on OSSN 3.x, please ask the developer to provide a 3.x compatible version.

And ... to answer your question: OSSN is checking for the right module version, and not the name or brand of the archiver the module has been compressed with. It simply has to be a valid ZIP archive with the same directory structure that OSSN is built on, that's all.

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 9 years ago

I'm still having problems uploading some components but not others. The chatroom component still keeps giving me an error about an invalid package. Are you using 7z? Is it allowing you to upload a component which was previously not able to upload? What OS are you using? I run Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit but I have a copy of XP on a virtualbox. Should I try compressing with the XP? Have you noted anything which has any kind of control factor regarding whether or not your archived package is uploading properly? Thanks.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

zip component file works until your software is compiling it normally.