How to Batch Upload Photos to my ossn

D M Posted in Technical Support 9 years ago

Hi folks, I have just recently found ossn and have to say that this is pretty much what I've been looking for in a Social Network Script. I am migrating my images from my fb acct over to my ossn and am wondering if there is any way for me to batch upload photos ( at least on the ACP ). Have searched throughout the directories of my ossn via ftp on my server thinking I could just mass upload through there but cant seem to find the right directory. I hope there is a work around in this, if not, then I will have to search for another Social Network script. I've used Social Engine in the past and that had allowed me to mass upload. Hope someone can help me out here please.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@DM,

> I know this can't be OSSN

Please note that this community website is not for discussion other social network platform. Whether they are social engine, jomsocial, elgg, pligg, community builder whatever.

>Was trying to see what components you folks had there for OSSN but do not see any listed.
So far, using OSSN doesn't look to promising for me.

'Ossn' or 'Open Source Social Network' project is not officaly providing any commercial components. Informatikon Technologies develop Ossn components on custom request.

> Why would something like this be considered as commercial? An what is the charge for it and is there any significant proof that this will let me or any of my users mass upload pics to an album?

Ossn is not providing any commercial component development services, whatever we have developed its free and open source, there are many companies who are providing commercial services for Ossn, Elgg, Pligg or any other CMS.

> I am really wanting to know what they offer and the prices of them.

They are the only one who can help you with price and other details. You can contact them on their contact page : http://www.informatikon.com/contact

>My site as it is already has crazy bugs ( Nothing major, but just irritating ) in it and am wondering if it is even worth my while to buy components.

Bugs in Ossn and the commercial services provided by Informatikon Technologies have no relation.

If you are facing issues you can report to github keeping following points kept in mind :
https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug

> So far, using OSSN doesn't look to promising for me.

Ossn is open source project and its uptodate, We are working hard to give people free stuff in less time. Check out about what developers are doing: https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/pulse As the name indicate its open source and it is named Ossn to assure users that it will be free for ever.

I have worked with Jomsocial, Elgg , Social Engine, they won't provide you support through person emails and they won't help you to install it on your server personally, you have to do everything you self.

Here on Ossn we are trying to help users as much as we can. So if you face any issue please report it to https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/issues/new

Please note that Ossn or Open Source Social Network is project owned by Informatikon Technologies and there is free support for ever (support is provided here on this community) since i work for Informatikon Technologies and we are getting load of emails about Ossn.

us D M Replied 9 years ago

@Zet Man. Yes, I have been to their demo site, but I was actually talking about the link to where they are selling a Social Site or something of that nature. I had thought their site would be showing an Actual OSSN. No where can I find any of these so called "commercial" components. I am really wanting to know what they offer and the prices of them. My site as it is already has crazy bugs ( Nothing major, but just irritating ) in it and am wondering if it is even worth my while to buy components.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

@DM

> I know this can't be OSSN

I'm not so sure... Have a look at the demo site: Here they claim to be the developers of OSSN.
http://z-mans.net/ossn-reports/informatikon-add.png

As every source file comes with a line like
* @copyright 2014 iNFORMATIKON TECHNOLOGIES

I know this can't be OSSN
http://www.informatikon.com/article/view/12/social-network-website-development

Looks almost like Social Engine/Elgg or even JomSocial. by the looks of the screenshots

Was trying to see what components you folks had there for OSSN but do not see any listed.
So far, using OSSN doesn't look to promising for me.

German Schuster John Replied 9 years ago

@Zet Man, us refers to Informatikon Technologies. http://informatikon.com/

@Schuster

> If you have any question or you are interested contact us.

Who is "us"? Can't help, but this looks a little conspirative to me. I'd appreciate seeing your component listed correctly in the component store as the other ones do. Complemented by your company's address, mail, terms of payment, and so on.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Schuster is it the same component you sent me? I just enabled that in demo. @D M you can try it on demo site.

German Schuster John Replied 9 years ago

@DM, we can arrange demo for you to test it before you buy. It's cost only 19$. To provide better services some of features are commercial.

If you have any question or you are interested contact us.

@Zet Man

I didn't tell them much about OSSN, it's easy for them to see that I am using OSSN. However, when you have folks that are wanting to leave facebook and find another alternative ( Especially since I wont be placing ads on my ossn ) for a more user/family/friendly safe place and they want to upload their pics to an album, it is very cumbersome to do this 1 at a time and it has really frustrated many of my users. I do not only have folks from facebook coming over to my ossn, but also folks from many Virtual Chats as well. I just put the site online live just 2 days ago and my user db has grown extremely large but am now already losing them because of the simple missing features. My email and Facebook is getting crazy with requests for me to delete them from my ossn site. The 2 missing key features for me and my users are the Mass/Multiple image upload to Albums and the Share feature. Those are the ones my users complain about. Overall, they do like ossn but not with simple features gone. I used to run Social Engine and it had everything I needed, problem was, it had more stuff in it that I didn't need. Stuff geared more towards the people who are into SEO and Adsence and etc. I'm not about making money. I am more into keeping a safe and fun place for family/friends to just hang at without the BS and drama that facebook has.

What did you tell your users about OSSN that makes them leave now?