Update in community terms and conditions

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

Hello everyone ,

There is update in our community terms and conditions.

1.) If you are creating/adding new discussion topic following points should be kept in mind.

2.) The discussion topic must be properly formatted.

3.) If you wanted to delete your account you have to inform us rather updating your account with wrong information.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

This posting was meant as a general note, not dedicated to anyone special, I think.

Next, you can download and use Ossn 4.x for free, as you could do with former versions. And you may tweak Ossn as before, as long as you keep the copyright notes in place. So what is your problem?

And: there ain't no such 'helpers' waiting to answer any question here on a regular and reliable base. YOU were not forced to agree to help the community when downloading Ossn, as we others were not. Thus, in fact nobody is obliged to help. If some people do so - fine, but putting it that way that you 'deserve' others working for you in their spare time seems to be a fundamental ... hmm ... let's name it misunderstanding.

Finally: The chance of getting an answer last not least depends on how time consumpting the answer would be. In your last posting you said, you never created or copied a file. Okay. But what do you expect then? That anyone is spending hours of time to teach you basic computer skills before there's a chance to proceed to your problem? I can only speak for me of course, but I give up in a case like that.

us G Kroschel Replied 8 years ago

Arsalan Shah,
yes. i've seen a lot of that too. unfortunately, some users of OSSN are not seeking the wiki, or previous posts for their already answered questions.. much obliged. and Thanks for your work.

it just seems easier to try and answer the concern more than send a link, a lot of people are very impatient. and won't follow through your advise. I agree. in other words. Thanks again.

Cheers.
Garrettk

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for response, I appreciated your reply.

I saw many comments here , when core team member ask for error_log or some more information they are not wiling to provide and still expected a solution. In this case non of developer able provide solution without knowing what error is exactly.

The main purpose of terms update is to help users to get their issue solved faster by providing necessary details while reporting issue.

Thanks

us G Kroschel Replied 8 years ago

I think "arguing" is subjective to the opinion of the originator (OP).. but if it is belligerent, or off topic of concern. maybe just a warning. just my opinion. Thanks for your contribution.

being that it IS "open source", one would be self engaged in 'experimenting' with various outlets of programming, if you, or your 'helpers', decide they don't want to 'help' another with these "out of context", or "out of line" inquiries.. i think that is fine, "unless they donate". "Open Source" is made available upon a FREE platform. for all to use. no. they don't / shouldn't need to seek Your advise.
but, nonetheless, if you are "offering" a Support forum, please be considerate of the other users who do not always "know" what to ask, or "how". just my 5 cents sense worth. Good luck. :)

PS: I don't see why/how this is such a big deal.. you edit some files, make it look like your own.
etc.. for some having a "community" is very enticing, but for most it is not the first (ie; facebook).

Be respectful, and do your research, or just make "BACKUPS" first.

you can message me here on "opensource-socialnetwork.org" or contact me via my site.

Garrettk
praybook.us

you can't "redo" the past.
Cheers.