Ossn v4.0 beta version has been released, only for testing.

Arsalan Shah Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Ossn v4.0 beta has been released and its only for testing and not meant for production use. You can not upgrade until final version releases.

The purpose of beta version is to test it. If you wanted to report any issue please report it to github https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/opensource-socialnetwork/issues

If you didn't provide error_log or steps to reproduce issue , your issue will be closed without solving so please follow the guide lines before reporting issue.

Bugfixes:

• Trigger callback ('comment', 'load') only if user is loggedin $arsalanshah
  • Allow standalone image post in wall #611
  • Deleting the current profile pic/cover doesn't update icon_time #59
  • Missing back button to photos #570
  • Cover photo dimensions restriction #93
  • When getting user/object/annotation its entities are limited to 10, removed limit.
  • Flash player for video on mobile #D-13 #614
  • A message recieve issue on OssnChat.

Optimization:

• Load google maps, token input and tinymce only where its required.
  • OssnUser::isFriend, reduce queries to one query.
  • OssnUser::getFriends, reduce queries.
  • Cache images for ads & comments #604
  • Make search page load faster for group and user search.
  • Remove unused code from admin dashboard.
  • Improved OssnUser::Methods
  • Imprvoed OssnObject::Methods
  • Improved OssnAnnotation::Methods
  • Improved OssnEntities::Methods
  • Update in fields on signup.
  • Update birthdate input with dateinput.

New Functions/Methods:

• ossnrelationexists([args])
  • ossngetrelationships([args])
  • ossndeleterelationshipbyid([args])
  • ossndeleterelationship([args])
  • ossn_dump([args])
  • OssnFile::getFile
  • OssnFile::getPath
  • OssnFile::isFile
    See github commits for more information.

Enhancement:

• Brand new responsive theme.
  • Ossn message box, user who liked comment #554
  • Allow users to edit comments.
  • Allow users to edit posts.

New language strings:

• comment:edit:success
  • comment:edit:failed
  • ossn:wall:post:saved
  • ossn:wall:post:save:error

Developers:

You can download it from here: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/downloads/ossn-v4.0b-1450252762.zip

NOTE: The size of v4.0b archive is halved to 1.98 MiB. v4.0b delpyed on server having 512 MiB RAM and its worked smoothly

Thanks

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

@Curt, we also have a plan to support Facebook like theme in coming versions.

us Curt Guldenschuh Replied 8 years ago

I have changed the XML files to denote ver 4 and the components installed properly. I have a scroller operating on the htmlsidebar component. Actually, I split it. I have a scrolling list of my websites on the top part and a stationary display of my book with links to where it is available on the lower part. This is very cool. I set up a site strictly for testing and have not released the URL to the general public.

May I add that I am quite pleased you retained the facebook appearance theme. I hope that theme never goes away. I like the simplicity of it.

Thanks again for the great work you and your group are producing.

Afrikaans Larry morgan Replied 8 years ago

i want to be a beta tester

ACK

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

@Curt,

Please see: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/1211/ossn-v40-beta-1-version-has-been-released-only-for-testing

v3.x components are compatible with v4.0 , you just need to edit ossn_com.xml and replace 3.0 with 4.0.

As v4.0 still under beta testing, we are trying to figure out how to suppress the warning.

I installed a test site with the 4.0 beta 1. While I am pleased to see an edit function added to the posts I found that while many of the addon components give me a green bar when uploading they do fail to show as being functional. Is there any word on components being upgraded soon to operate properly with this new version? Thanks.

us G Kroschel Replied 8 years ago

Syed Qasim, one way you can achieve that, since it bothers you, is run your domain.com with a MASKING. (set at you domain registrar) you won't see any of the ossn link trails. just a suggestion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_masking

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Hi Syed,

we'd appreciate your suggestion(s): How should a not annoying profile link look like?

pk Syed Qasim Replied 8 years ago

Hy,

It Is best if you would remove the url with 'u' like ossn.com/u/anyone's username. Because looks annoying and not really as pro work ! Please notice on this as well to create pages system to attract more users. Thanks

Breton Douglas gomes Replied 8 years ago

<3