Administrator approval for new users

Jason Jones Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

User verification is fine but it does not stop unwanted access in the first instance. This is important as many people would like to use this software in a controlled access context I.E. in lieu of a group forum.

Is there a way to add final admin approval for users after verification? This would require an email to the admin informing them that accounts are pending.

or

Is it possible to create a plugin (similar to the Mobile Number) that adds a code field to the registration form. The code would be set, and easily changeable, in the admin area. Completion of the registration form without the code would return an error message informing the applicant that they should contact the admin.

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 8 years ago

@Jase, you need a capcha component.

@Jase and Fido , please change your name and use valid alphabets. Accounts having invalid name will be removed automatically sooner. So please fix it before removal process triggered.

au Jason Jones Replied 8 years ago

Fido you're a champ.

Romanian Fido Alex Replied 8 years ago

soon as i finish the component, i will share with all of you! :D

gb Leo Ward Replied 8 years ago

Id like this aswel as i would like to run a private social network for friends and family only

Romanian Fido Alex Replied 8 years ago

Is not that hard to make that, i will try to make that component for you! :)

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions