Newbie would like to customize OSSN code

Scott Zoeller Posted in Beginning Developers 8 years ago

I am new to OSSN and would like to customize the software and potentially contribute to source code.

Where is a good place to start?

Initially, I would like to update the profile page to include additional fields. I have perused the code and haven't located any script that creates the front-end interface.

I haven't checked documentation. Even though I will be doing this, I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and ensure that I am starting on the correct path.

My name is Scott Zoeller and I am an IT Consultant. I have limited web development experience, but have supported web based software and have some programming background. I have a knack for logic and workflow. Without much experience, I can review source code and have basic understanding of the processes that are taking place.

I aspire to have intermediate/advanced knowledge of web based software, so that I am able to direct teams on future projects.

I intend to utilize OSSN for these future projects and plan to develop various integrated systems.

Thanks for reading.

Replies
in Sathish kumar Replied 8 years ago

Start learning the code from the components . and one more thing dont modify the core .
if you have more doubt you can ask it here .

Romanian Fido Alex Replied 8 years ago

Can u make photos to be clickable? with comment box?