Posts don't show after fresh install

Grayson Robbins Posted in Technical Support 8 years ago

Just installed manually. All seems fine, but my posts don't show.

Replies
us Grayson Robbins Replied 8 years ago

My server's default PHP version was 5.3. I thought I switched the ossn folder to work off V5.6 but it DID NOT switch even though I was advised it did. I rechecked it and saw it was actually trying to perform off PHP 3.6, changed it once again, and the posting issue was solved. My thanks to Zet Man for assisting through this issue. Great program!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

See error_log:
In line 61 of OssnWall/classes/OssnWall.php
Ossn is trying to encode your posting

$this->description = json_encode($wallpost, JSON_UNESCAPED_UNICODE);

which seems to fail.
Actually, JSONUNESCAPEDUNICODE is a numerical constant, and should be defined in your PHP server environment. But it appears to be undefined here and gets interpreted as a string.
As a result $wallpost (the posting) isn't processed correctly

Please consult your provider, showing him the above line of code and relating error message.
Besides that: JSONUNESCAPEDUNICODE is supported since PHP 5.4. Are you really sure about your version?

When posting anything, it does state the post was successful and a "blank" post drops down.

There is a post there, just no text. If I post an image, it shows. Comments on the "blank" posts show correctly as well.

I prefer to pm url.

Thanks for providing some more details, Grayson.

Re permissions: Ossn is meant and known to run with dirs set to 755 and files to 644. Giving more permissions isn't a good idea in general. Instead, make sure that dirs and files are owned by the webserver (apache). Some providers offer a tool to switch ownership between ftp users and webserver. In doubt, ask the provider support team.

Next, switch off cache as long as the issue isn't fixed.

You wrote: "Images and comments to posts are possible". Can't follow here?! How do you comment on a post which is invisible?

Perhaps it's possible to tell us the Url of your site so we can have a look?

Error log: (edited to just warning details)
PHP WARNING: "jsonencode() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given" in file /home/xxx/publichtml/2016/ossn/components/OssnWall/classes/OssnWall.php (line 61)

PHP WARNING: "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxx/publichtml/2016/ossn/components/OssnWall/actions/wall/post/delete.php:42)" in file /home/xxx/publichtml/2016/ossn/libraries/ossn.lib.actions.php (line 53)

Yes, I can understand that. Thank you. I did research but saw no other similar issues. The returned config on set showed the data folder under "public_html" although it was created outside. Path was edited accordingly.

Might it be a permission issue? Tested with 755 and 777 but no change either.
Images and comments to posts are possible. It's just the posts don't show.

Ossn version 3.9 (originally set up at 3.8 but did a new install at 3.9 - no change)
PHP version 5.5.31
MySql - not sure?
Error message - none
Error Log - nothing shown
Cache enabled/disabled both tested - no change

enter image description here