Mobile app for ossn site. Is there a way to create it for free

Opensource style Posted in Beginning Developers 8 years ago

Is there any app for ossn site to make mobile app for free. Can somebody share me the way to create it.

Replies
bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 6 years ago

Hello Arsalan,

It's been 9 months since my last comment on this topic.
I wanted to follow up on the progress of the updated features of the mobile app, I believe the app will be a very good tool for our users to access our network easily.

I look forward to your reply,

Best,

Daniel

bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 7 years ago

Hi Arsalan,
Thank you for your points, i will be looking forward to seeing the new upgraded app option when it is released.

I understand that the OSSN component/features are a work in progress and i support the effort, i don't want you guys to think i am judging unfairly your efforts, because i am not, it's just my points of experience with said features in hopes it gets better with the next upgrades.

Keep up the great work guys.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

Daniel, the answer to all of your points (1-5) :

It didn't reflect your website colors and newly activated components because its not a mirror of your website, its an app , the logo isn't changeable , if you change logo all of others will see same logo, however our softlab24 team is working on it to give you something you wanted (chaining logo, color after login .. etc).

One more thing there is a huge difference between an app and a mobile website reflected app (mirror of your website , just a icon that takes you to your website).

I agree with Ondrej point about responsive, i believe that that when website is made responsive there is no sense to use app, however some users wanted to use it.

Hi Ondrej Janicko,
Thanks for seeing my points, as for the paid OSSN app from Softlab, it does not work properly and it is not a good tool, reasons:
1. it does not reflect your OSSN current color theme.
2. It does not include all of the components you currently have installed in your OSSN site.
3. It's very slow in loading pages.
4. It leaves out many features.
5. The app icon is not editable to reflect your company logo.

I could go on and on why this app is not properly suitable to help promote anyone's OSSN site.

Slovak Ondrej Janicko Replied 7 years ago

Thanks Daniel DeSouza for your opinion. I do not use mobile Facebook app or Messanger. I use Facebook only from my computer.

But yours arguments to have notifications about OSSN in your mobile take sense. I think it can be usefull for some users.

OK. Now I am agree with you.

Softlab24 have mobile app for OSSN but it is paid.

https://www.softlab24.com/mobile-app

P.S It would also be very nice if we can edit the icon to our respective logo on our unique OSSN website.

HI Ondrej Janicko, i understand what you are saying, i know the OSSN website is very responsive which is good, but, the one thing where the OSSN responsiveness falls short is that an app on a phone or tablet keeps your website in sight of the user, Just ask yourself, do you access Facebook via your computer mostly or via the Facebook mobile app? I'm talking about the ease of accessibility to the user to access your website, with an interactive icon with notifications telling the user that something has just happened or updated on their OSSN network. Do you know the saying that goes "OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND"? When you are trying to increase the interactiveness of your OSSN social sight, and your main competition is Facebook, your users will always check Facebook first other than your OSSN site, if they remember! That's the challenge i'm experiencing now, i need a tool for my users to remember this new OSSN social site, and to participate. So the Responsiveness of the OSSN site is awesome, it needs to address the accessibility part for the users, ask yourself what is the competition doing to increase their accessibility, the answer is the mobile app...

Slovak Ondrej Janicko Replied 7 years ago

All modern mobile developers leave to develop mobile apps and insted of that their apps only link to mobile websites.

With OSSN 4.x you do not need mobile app. It is responsive.

Is there a WYSIWYG mobile app apk for android users to access my ossn website by using their mobile device? A component you can edit to look like your ossn website but acts like a apk mobile app. A mobile app is very important to any soial network for your users to quickly access, post, comment and everything without using the mobile browser to access the website and sign in everytime... What are the solutions?

Catalan Nazar Sayed Replied 8 years ago

Simply create an android mobile app which redirects to the mobile responsive ossn site. My team did the same.