Is there a way to delete photos from an album?

Eric Croskey Posted in General Discussion 8 years ago

I'm getting requests to delete photos from albums. Why isn't there an easy way to do this? Where are they stored in the file structure? If I can go in a manually delete them for now, I'll do that for people until there is a solution.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

I can only leave a

> BIG WARNING

here to not to change anything manually in your data directory, because this would be a reliable way to really mess things up in Ossn.

Actually there's absolutely no need to do so because profile pics (as all other pics) can be deleted in a quite normal way:

Navigate to your profile page and click "Photos"

enter image description here

On the "Photo Albums" page click "Profile Photos"

In the "Profile Photos" album click the image you want to delete

And finally click the "Delete photo" button below the image

us Jody huth Replied 8 years ago

If those people want to change their cover photo or profile photo just hover over it and a dropdown appears to change photo. Once they are in the those photos are in the folders called Pofile Photos or Profile Covers they are not delete-able like the other photo files. then its your job to delete them the path is (whatever you made as your data folder)/user/and then what ever their user number is 1thru ?/cover or photo which ever you are deleting and manually delete them. i would suggest trying it on your own profile first because there is one called top bar and one that says smaller and small and one the says large and larger and the main photo which is the photo name. to be honest i cannot tell you if you delete the main photo name if the other will go with it but i would assume they would. I didnt write the programming so i dont know the effects.

us Eric Croskey Replied 8 years ago

I'm using the default goblue theme and I haven't modified any of the album files. I think the issue is with the Profile Pictures and the Cover Photos. Especially in Profile Pictures, folks and myself cannot delete those images.

Thanks for the reply!

Turkish Fatih Bayram Replied 8 years ago

you can delete photos from an album and you can delete a album. I checked this on my site. did you any theme changes what is in relation with album page?