Not possible to upload photos in new folders

jody huth Posted in Technical Support 8 years ago

I created a new folder on the profile photos tab and its not possible to upload photos in new folders. Is there a setting to enable? All other uploads work through out the whole site though

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 8 years ago

Sorry, but I'm a little confused right now ...

Does your ossn.config.db include the line $Ossn->host = "localhost"; or not?
If not, change $Ossn->host = "whatever_is_entered_here";
to
$Ossn->host = "localhost";
and save the change.

Increasing the upload_max_filesize doesn't cause a security issue.
But if you do so, you have to increase the value of post_max_size, too.
The post_max_size always has to be larger than upload_max_filesize

us Jody huth Replied 8 years ago

This is what i have as of right now // replace <<host>> with your database host name;
$Ossn->host = '<<host>>'; so change <<host>> to <<localhost>> and save? and i found that in ossn.config.db.example.php file. Not the ossn.config.db file. now i have another question i did the phpvalue uploadmax_filesize 5242880 in the htaccess file and i can upload pics at 5meg in size so it seemed that worked some what if i set the size at 15 meg 15,728,640 which is what most hd photos are? would that create an issue with security? oh and i do want to really thank you for your time and help.

The regular and recommended setting for Ossn's database server connection is localhost.

Enter the Ossn subdirectory configurations,
open the file ossn.config.db with a simple text editor
and verify whether there's a line like $Ossn-&gt;host = "localhost";

if not, change that line accordingly and save your change.

error reporting is on and all thats in it is

[12-Oct-2016 16:41:24 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1130): Host 'ip-107-180-41-214.ip.secureserver.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnDatabase.php on line 20
[12-Oct-2016 16:41:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function set
charset() on a non-object in /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnDatabase.php on line 73
[13-Oct-2016 13:55:18 UTC] PHP WARNING: 2016-10-13 13:55:18 (UTC): "mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1130): Host 'ip-107-180-41-214.ip.secureserver.net' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server" in file /home/jodyhuth69/public
html/test/ossn/classes/OssnDatabase.php (line 20)
[13-Oct-2016 13:55:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setcharset() on a non-object in /home/jodyhuth69/publichtml/test/ossn/classes/OssnDatabase.php on line 73

Consult your provider and show him the last block of your .htaccess file located in the root of your Ossn installation.

Actually with php_value upload_max_filesize 5242880 about 5 Mb should be possible, but maybe custom PHP settings are handled differently on your server.

BTW, Did you switch on error logging and is there anything of interest reported in the file named error_log ?

ok i will rephrase i can upload some photos if they are small in size 2meg. is there a place in the settings to upload larger photos? Or a file that i can change this in? My server has no limit on size. and thanks for the help. And just for testing I was able to upload a large photo on the demo site http://demo.opensource-socialnetwork.org/

Please be more precise with reporting, we need to know exactly which step fails
1. You are on your profile page
2. You click the "Photos" tab
3. You click "Add album"
4. You enter an album name of your choice in the dialog box
which setting are you using: public or private?
5. You click save and the newly created album appears besides already existing albums
6. You click on the newly created album and a new page opens
7. You click "Add photos" and another dialog box opens
8. You click 'select file' and a directory of your computer opens
9. You select a valid image file and click open
10. the file selection window closes and your back in the dialog box (selected filename is shown)
11. You click "Save", the dialog closes and the image appears on the page

Please tell us
- which step fails
- which Operating system you are using
- which browser you are using
- more (file type, dimensions, size) about the file you're trying to upload

Additionally you can switch on error logging. See https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1954/how-to-enable-ossn-error-reporting

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions