How can I change the order of the widgets on the right

Claus Lampert Posted in Component Development 7 years ago

I have installed some components that are displayed on the right side, for example the components "Latest Members", "HTML Sidebar" and "OSSN Ads".
How can I change the order in which this components are displayed? For example "Latest Members" is on top of "HTML Sidebar" but I want to be "HTML Sidebar" the first component to be displayed on the right.
It´s not the Component-ID in the Database, it´s not the name of the component. But what is it instead?

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 7 years ago

In version v5 we have planned this to do from admin panel, you would be easily sort widgets by drag/drop.

German Claus Lampert Replied 7 years ago

@Zet Man: I think a lower number means that the component is placed higher to the top. But thank you for the hint :-)

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Darry,
please repect the topics and threads of other members. If you have a new or different problem, please start a new thread. Have in mind that searching this forum for solutions and answers will become really difficult and ineffective with a mixup like this.

ng Darry James Replied 7 years ago

Hi!
But the HTML SIDEBAR seems not to be working for me. Each time I typed in an html code, it won't display anything. Is as if to me that the component doesn't exists because it gets blank reply. Any help on that?
Also @Claus, could you please help me with the #Latest Members Component?
I really need that too.
Thanks in advance!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

see the last parameter of

function ossn_add_hook($hook, $type, $callback, $priority = 200)

in ossn.lib.systems. The default is 200, the OssnAds component is registering already with 300. That is: if you want your component on top of it, you need something > 300.

As an exercise for tomorrow you can make it adjustable with an Admin's setting page :))