Domain takes me to Xampp Homepage and not my website

stefan keyes Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

Hi. I'm very new to website stuff so i lack quite a bit of knowledge in what my issue is. hopefully someone can help. My domain name takes to me the Xampp homepage. is there a way to fix it so my domain name takes me straight to the sign up / homepage of the site? right now for anyone to access my site the link has to be mytestsite.net/ossn instead of just being mytestsite.net. I just need to get the site working on the straight link and remove Xampp from popping up anywhere. other than that issue site seems to be running fine over other networks.

thanks!

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

I don't want to be unpolite,
but this is by far the most contra-productive 'advice' I ever read here.
Renaming or removing any of Ossn's core files will lead to either totally unpredictable results or a site no more running at all. Don't do that under no circumstances!!!

If you don't get it managed to make the webserver point to your Ossn installation from scratch, spend your time on re-configuring the webserver - but not on changing Ossn.

us Dallas Ayachusca Replied 7 years ago

What I do is place a new index.html in the root.
This index.html is just some words typed in notepad and saved as index.html. It leads nowhere. Then rename index.php to something like index123456789.php. So you need to remember what this change is so you can access the main xampp menu later.

Second place a robots.txt file in there also to keep out the search engines. Google that will show how.

You can make a redirect index.html file to redirect to root/ossn. Google that.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5411538/redirect-from-an-html-page

gb Stefan keyes Replied 7 years ago

Ahh thanks!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Stefan,
please consult a xampp forum for solving server issues like that. Searching for "xampp root" on the web gives already several pages like http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18902887/how-to-configuring-a-xampp-web-server-for-diffrent-root-directory