Broken IMAGE link is broken. please can anyone help

Zor Jwan Posted in General Discussion 7 years ago

Hi.

I was just wondering why i keep getting a broken image URL. When i login the profile picture is shown but when i log out i keep getting a rboken image url. i have cleaned the cookies and cache and it works for a few hrs and then happens again.

example here

This topic has been closed!
Replies
gb Stefan keyes Replied 7 years ago

Hmm should work then. Maybe go through your ossndata folder and see if the image that is missing is actually still in there. If it's somehow got deleted from the folder it's self and not through the site then the database might still think that photo exists and it will call for that photo to load but will get nothing if the photo isn't there causing it to show what you see there. Or if the photo has been renamed or resized in the data directory without properly doing it through the site. Turn cache on. Refresh your site then flush cache and look to see if you get any errors in errorlog

gb Zor Jwan Replied 7 years ago

@stefan Keyes

Thanks for your response. Yes this is the only image broken. Is this the file you are talking about.. I've attached it below. This was the file that the installation guidance said i need to create outside of www or public_html - which i did. I have opened the file and it is empty. Should i rename it?

here

Was hoping i could edit my reply so i could add more onto it without having to make a new comment but oh well... was going to say i had images like that come up on my site once and it turned out to be a little misstake in the "data" directory path. i would open up your sites configs and make sure its 100% right. example for me mine was

"D:\ossn_data" <---- wrong way to do it,

"D:\ossn_data/" <----------- right way. that one missing "/" made pictures not show. so just recheck your settings.. if its not that, then i have no idea, maybe that picture somehow got deleted from the data folder but the database still thinks its there or something

Is it just that one image that's broken?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions