Youtube videos not appearing when i upload the url

Zor Jwan Posted in General Discussion 7 years ago

Sorry all for another post - I've only starting playing around with this site to test it and getting all sorts of bugs.

I uploaded youtube URL and posted it on the wall and it doesn't appear. I log off and come back to it another time and there appears a very small icon of the video. What is the correct way to upload youtube video to the wall to have them appear?

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

@Dallas Ayachusca
The correct fix for this issue has been posted by Arsalan already 4 weeks ago in the beginning of this thread. It'll be part of the next release and there's no good reason to irritate the community with any other "workaround".

us Dallas Ayachusca Replied 7 years ago

what I do is type enough to fill the width of the column and that is all it takes for a full column width display. it works with the other video sources maybe I have only tried vimeo and youtube with success

gb Zor Jwan Replied 7 years ago

Thank you Zet. Great for future reference.

the minus sign means "delete"

simply search for the line .ossn-wall-item p,in default.php and remove it completely.

@ZET MAN

Hi there. If you mean by install, do you mean copy pasting this snippet of code into the default.php below. This is what i see what i opened the URL Arsalan posted

.ossn-wall-item-type {
     display: inline-block;
 }
-.ossn-wall-item p,
 .ossn-wall-item .friends {
    display:inline-block;
 }

If that is the case, I am using the social theme and checked the default.php and that already exists in the file. Apologies if this is not what you mean by install.

Thanks

Just visited your site
1. You didn't install Arsalan's fix
2. You're using Youtube's EMBEDD code, that's wrong.
You have to post a line like:

@arsalan shah and Zet

This doesnt work. I already have the updated version. I have the full premium verision. I have posted a video and i get a lot of things around the video. Also when i refresh the page it vanishes and i refresh again it appears with the thing around the video

This is the image

I applied the fix on my games development site http://games.z-mans.net and it is definitely working.

As I'm currently doing many css changes there to get the games component fully responsive, I know best that browsers often insist on displaying the old code. That's why - and before applying any fixes like that - rule No. 1 is:

> DISABLE OSSN CACHE

With the fix applied and cache still disabled, refresh your broswer with Ctrl-R or Ctrl-F5 and the change should be visible.

If it's still not working for you that way, please install the System Info component and provide the url of your site.

gb Stefan keyes Replied 7 years ago

Ah. Excuse the mistakes in last reply. Auto correct on my tablet is messing me around

gb Stefan keyes Replied 7 years ago

@arsalan Shah I also just tried the code from the link there. Did not work for me. Even tried using a older theme from my previous version (v4.2) in 4.3.1 and did work and no YouTube vids pop up. Just a blank post. any other options out there for the ones having this issue? (Worked perfectly bad k on V4.2) and even that theme just doesn't make it show when I put it into 4.3.1