Help! I removed the Powered by OSSN text

Jarrell Liner Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

I have the free version and I removed the Powered by OSSN text and my site is just showing a blank white page. How can I fix this? I added the correct text back to the page, but the site is still showing a white page.

Replies
us Jarrell Liner Replied 7 years ago

Thank you for the help, Zet Man! I fixed it and my community is back up. I am never removing the Powered by text again!

in Ashwin Shahi Replied 7 years ago

Noted @Zet Man

But I didn't knew this stuff you mentioned.

"Ossn isn't doing any expensive advertising - right that is one reason it is available for free. And most likely YOU as many others only came across this great software because there IS a link pointing to the sources.
Thus, if you really want to help spreading OSSN then do it by contributing an interesting component instead of telling people how to remove its name and originators."

I would like to help OSSN to spread no doubt.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

@Ashwin Shahi
Read the subject: This guy was asking for help! Just telling him he did something unallowed is of no help at all. Telling him the "real trick" how to remove the copyright is even more contra-productive. And that's why I removed your second posting and I'd be happy not to read anything like that from your side again.

Ossn isn't doing any expensive advertising - right that is one reason it is available for free. And most likely YOU as many others only came across this great software because there IS a link pointing to the sources.
Thus, if you really want to help spreading OSSN then do it by contributing an interesting component instead of telling people how to remove its name and originators.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Before trying to get your site back online again you should point your browser to http://community.goodspire.com/LICENSE.txt and decide whether you're willing to agree with this license - especially 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 - or not.

In case of "yes":

if you had enabled OSSN cache before, first disable it by logging in to community.goodspire.com/administrator and proceed to Site Settings -> Cache -> Disable Cache -> Save

Next, the easiest way to prevent any editing mistakes is to simply upload the complete original locale folder from your local PC to your OSSN installation again. This should do the trick if you haven't made any other changes to the core files.

in Ashwin Shahi Replied 7 years ago

You cannot remove the text from footer.
It is given in terms and conditions that you are not liable to remove the text powered by from footer

us Jarrell Liner Replied 7 years ago