SMTP SERVER OSSN HELP . Where it finds the configuration file

Rave On Posted in Technical Support 7 years ago

English
Hello,
I need your help, I just created a site under OSSN, and I would like to configure the SMTP server but where it finds the config file for SMTP.

Version OSSN v4.3.1

Thank you .

French
Bonjour,
J'ai besoin de votre aide, je viens de créer un site sous OSSN, et j'aimerais configurer le serveur SMTP mais oû ce trouve le fichier de config pour le SMTP .

Version OSSN v4.3.1

Je vous remercie .

Replies
gb Open Venture Replied 7 years ago

Using SMTP is more reliable than php mailer. However, this component on github does not work on 4.3.1

French Rave On Replied 7 years ago

Thank you !!! :-)

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Ok,
then please install and enable the SMTP component.
https://github.com/opensource-socialnetwork/SMTP

After the component has been enabled, you'll find and extra entry on your Ossn Admin Dashboard in the "Configure" dropdown menu to enter your SMTP settings.

French Rave On Replied 7 years ago

My Heberger ( Provider ) blocks PHPMailer for security reasons.
That's why I need to use the SMTP server on the site.
How to activate by default SMTP OSSN ??

Here is the ONETSOLUTIONS.NET admin response

ONETSOLUTIONS TICKETS
In the context of securing outgoing emails, it is preferable not to use the MAIL PHP function, which is why we have removed it. MAIL PHP does not require any authentication, so this is an open door to some malicious scripts.

We recommend that you use SMTP, a protocol that requires authentication.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 7 years ago

Ossn is using PHPMailer by default, that's why there's no extra SMTP configuration necessary. It should be sufficient to configure and use an email account like [email protected] for the Site Notification Email. In doubt please consult your provider.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions