Very slow loading with lots of friends account

Adolfo Carnicero Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

I have an issue with my OSSN, one account has more than 3000 friends, and when I login with this account, everything is very slow.
I supposed the chat affected, soy I tried to disable it... but even with OssnChat disabled, is still very slow... No friend search lasts less than 15 secs, even with cache enabled!

Can you help me?

Thanks

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Maurice,
please provide the necessary information as requested 4 days ago.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 2 years ago

Maurice,
If you have a problem with Ossn, please open a new thread and provide the information as requested in https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/wiki/view/1101/how-to-report-a-bug-error-issue
Case B

us MAURICE TAYLOR Replied 2 years ago

What this issue ever addressed or should I start looking for another site because I'm over 300 users now and having issue searching friends. Some show up and others don't.

mx Adolfo Carnicero Replied 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips, I've done some tests... and in fact, both ossnnotifications and ossnchat is making it very slow... I think I need to add some special conditions for this user... cause this is a special user...

I'm not sure if migration to TiDB is the best solution... I am strongly considering introducing MongoDB for several components... making it a bit more efficient...

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

It seems the notifications slowing down , try to take backup of your website and truncate ossn_notifications table.

And make sure you are running latest Ossn. Because if you are running Ossn 4.0 , 4.1 you'll surely face issues in slowness.

Slovak Ondrej Janicko Replied 6 years ago

But anyway if you do not have many online users and your OSSN is working fine but you have only problem with one account it is another issue as I described in my previos post.

Slovak Ondrej Janicko Replied 6 years ago

Hi,

yes I understand well your situation. I expected behavior of OSSN with this amount of users.

Imagine. OSSN chat does evry 5 seconds simple database query per user. If you have 1000 users online it is 200 queries for databese per second and we do not talk about queries with the use of OSSN by users.

This is huge load for database.

Only solution I know for this situation is switch your OSSN to TiDB distributed SQL database compatible with MySQL. I tested this solution and had running OSSN under TiDB well.

https://www.pingcap.com/en/

You can switch your OSSN to Amazon Cloud with several servers. You may also use several application servers with one file server and sevral servers for distributed TiDB SQL database.

Minimum configuration is 1 server for OSSN application and 5 servers for TiDB SQL distributed database.

But you have test your load and add many servers as is needed.

Hope this explanation helped.

It cost more money running bigger OSSN site!!!