Users getting blank posts when posting pictures [Solved]

Roger Ghostraven Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

I have upgraded to 4.6 and now my users are having a weird problem.
If they create a post with a picture the picture shows but the text disappears. They can go in, edit the post and add what they typed and it will stick. Any suggestions.

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
us CWN Tech Replied 6 years ago

Has anyone figured out the actually solution to this yet? The issue is when a user enters any text with a line feed/carriage return (ie they hit their enter key to go to a new line) the post message is completely lost.

Afrikaans James Murphy Replied 6 years ago

I have the latest version of Link Preview and it works. But away from that, posting picture with text is compromised by it. If I disable Linkpreview all works fine. Softlab24 says they have fixed this issue but plainly it is affecting all posts with picture and text. Picture appears but not the text. I have to hit Edit to add the text. Sometimes when I copy and paste text it does not appear, again I have to hit edit and add the text again. Best thing I can do is disable Link preview.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

@Roger i have replied your old tickets myself it seems you have issue with your mailbox, now i have again replied to your new ticket and email same time.

us Roger Ghostraven Replied 6 years ago

I am using Premium, i have contacted Softlab and opened a ticket the same time I started this thread and haven't received a reply.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago

@Gene, if you are using premium version please contact at https://www.softlab24.com/contact if you are using only paid components you need to update them.

ec Gene tatum Replied 6 years ago

I am having same problem. Any answers?

Afrikaans James Murphy Replied 6 years ago

I have same problem. In my case I solved it by disabling Linkpreview. The component Readmore has nothing to do with it. I can't use Link preview.

us Roger Ghostraven Replied 6 years ago

Actually the problem is worse than I knew about it. If they create a post with no picture, just text, a blank post gets created.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions