Random news feed and ad space shuffle

Daniel DeSouza Posted in Technical Support 6 years ago

Hi Support team,
I want to keep the content on the news feed fresh and rotating, can i somehow get the news feed to shuffle so it's not the same order all of the time? and i want the ad space to do the same, so if there are many ads, thy can shuffle positions so that they all can be close to the top.Is there a way to do it smartly where the newer news or post are to the top and a few posts below shuffle? Only on the news feed, but the ad space can shuffle randomly!

Replies
us Jeff shockley Replied 6 years ago

The way I do it is #1 have the html sidebar component installed. Then find an rss feed for the news you want. I use one of the local news channels in my area because they add photos to their feeds. Once you have the rss feed you want go to waves rss feed page. From there you can add your feed to the widget. Deleted the feed they have running then you can customize the size of your feed text size allow html so the photos will show up. You can change the color for the feed, add your own title and much more. You will see your changes in the feed on the right as you do them. When you have it the way you want it copy the html for the widget below the feed and past it into your Html feed component. I open the component and then click on tools, source code and past it in that box. Save it and your are good to go.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions