New Here. Where Do I Start with OSSN ?

Bill Boudreaux Posted in Beginning Developers 6 years ago

I'm fairly tech savvy. But I’ve never built a social network. I’m a high school special education teacher. My plan it to build a private, FB like network for students with cognitive disabilities that will be used as a classroom tool for online communication practice.
I have already purchased the name “sameasme.org” and I’m ready to start building the site.
I downloaded the OSSN installer but I couldn’t find a tutorial on how to proceed.
I would appreciate any help that will lend insight to an overview and the process that will get us up and running.
Thanks in advance.

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

what OS are you using? you may to consider using the VM image if you know how to use VMWare. https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/download-vm-image

the advantage of using a virtual machine like this is that you can literally just load up the image into VMware, and your ossn server starts. depending on your network config, all you need to do then is set up appropriate dns records for sameasme.org. might take some getting used to if you aren't familiar with VMWare, though.