OSSN Wizard to help users complete the profile information.

Daniel DeSouza Posted in Component Development 6 years ago

I would like to see a OSSN Wizard to kick in after a new user signs up that will instruct and direct the user to add a profile image, fill in information in the profile, Add friends or invite friends via email or someother way. I find that some users sign up but do not know how to add these kinds of information, It will make the site look more complete.

Replies
bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 6 years ago

Thank you Bansh, Thank you for the offer, I will keep your email and contact you when funding is available.

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

well, there are a few people on this board who do custom (paid) development for OSSN modifications and/or components (I am one of them). if you're interested in hiring someone to write a custom component like that for your site, you can email me for a price quote at [emailremoved]

bb Daniel DeSouza Replied 6 years ago

Hi Bansh33,
I am not a good coder, i won't know the first thing about how to modify the "First Login" component. Would someone be able to do it? I am sure it will do a lot of good for a lot of users of the OSSN network.

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

you should be able to do this pretty easily by modifying the "First Login" component: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/2970/first-login