I want to know when that 5v will be released?

Calamin Cagane Posted in General Discussion 6 years ago

I have now 4.6v and here so many components e.g. are missing.

1. you can't see how many friends you have.

2. there is no Explor (friend requests) I mean if user uses ossn he must see people "ADD FREINDS" automatically on newsfeed.

3. the readmore is not approved. It should be better only normal words posts but no photos. The readmore is also on photos.

4. iphones does not accept OSSN only photos is great.

5. there are also no followes and following.

6. notifications need little improvement.

7. in my idea is better that like and comment should be reversed. First "like" then "comment" then "share".

Replies
us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

meant to add in my reply that as an example of customizations you might want to make, you should be able to edit the friends page fairly easily to make it show the number of friends. Just pass the "count" => true option to OssnUser->getFriends(). The file to modify in this case is components/OssnProfile/plugins/default/profile/pages/friends.php. It turns out that this file actually already calculates the count, it's just not displayed. This is the relevant line:

$count = $params['user']->getFriends(false, array(count' => true));

all you really need to do is display it at the top of the page or wherever you want.

us Rishi B Replied 6 years ago

Because OSSN is an open source package, most of these things can be done with a little bit of customization. I suggest reading through the documentation and source code examples of various components on this site (start with the HelloWorld component) to get the hang of how things work. Different people have different needs and so it's difficult for the OSSN team (which does not include me, full disclosure) to make changes that suit everybody. For example, I've modified the ReadMore component to make all posts have a certain maximum height in pixels (even if that includes an image), with the rest being hidden under a "Show More" link. Other people may want theirs to behave slightly differently, and since OSSN and its components are open source PHP, it's fairly easy for anyone to modify things to get exactly the functionality they desire. One thing I do agree about is that better mobile support would be nice.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 6 years ago
  1. You can see the friends going into the friends page , each pagination page have 10 friends so if you see 2 pages in bottom you have more than 10 friends.
  2. You can add friends by going into profile page and click add friend button.
  3. Readmore is not any of core feature please contact developer directly.
  4. See this : https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/3069/i-have-a-problem-with-iphone-i-cant-post-on-the-iphone
  5. We have friend/unfriend option not like twitter(following system).
  6. What improvements exactly you mean?
  7. What do you mean?