Buy and Sell using OSSN payment systems?

TalkToAi Online Posted in Beginning Developers 5 years ago

How would i go about setting up an option for users to buy and sell digital goods non-physical goods?

Maybe integrating CoinGate API etc. There could be a simpler way of making a group then adding a payment reference to each profile as an optional section that displays on a users profile.
Any ideas on this?

Replies
gb Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

here's another thread about it recently: https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/discussion/view/3372/marketplace-shopping-component-for-ossn

they have some screenshots available, but I'm pretty sure those are just mock ups, I doubt any actual coding has been done. As both Arsalan and I said in that thread, handling payments is a lot more complicated than you might realize.

gb Rishi B Replied 5 years ago

A LOT of people have asked about a 'marketplace' type component on here. A LOT. Unfortunately it's not nearly as easy as you might think to code something like that. I don't know anything about CoinGate (which may be simpler, as it deals with crypto based on the 10 second skim of the site I did), but integrating with more traditional APIs for payment like Dwolla or Paypal is quite time consuming to do for a php application. A marketplace component would be great imo, but good luck finding someone willing to code it for free/cheap.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

Like a Etsy, Ebay, etc?