Bug: blank screen when you edit post or comments

Johannes Genberg Posted in Technical Support 5 years ago

Whenever I edit a post or comment and save it, this is what happens.
enter image description here

This only begun with 5.1. Before that, I always got send to the post in question.

This topic has been closed!

[Topic is Close]

Replies
Tatar Steven downer Replied 5 years ago

I am having a similar reaction on editing posts under 5.1

I create a post of just "Testing one two" text

That saves correctly and shows on the newsfeed.

I then edit the post to add "Testing one two three" text.

OSSN then reports "Post successfully saved" at the top, however...

the original/edited post shows in newsfeed with nothing...no text, just that I have created a post, but the post is blank.

I then do a browser refresh...F5...and it is there....as the edited text.

repeating the test by re-editing it simply repeats the problem, until I manually do a browser refresh.

If you wish for me to report a bug I can, however, the problem is not dissimilar to what Johannes is experiencing, It is a fresh copy of 5.1 and only has a few extra components added. Disabling those does not resolve the problem

As it stands, users cannot edit their comments as it gives the impression that their comment has been deleted.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 years ago

I just checked your comment edit form isn't assigned id #ossn-comment-edit-form that handles edits with page reloading. Bit strange, are you using custom OssnComments component? or changed any of its file?

You may send us your cpanel details to contact form we can take look this for you.

us Helen Lubar Replied 5 years ago

I will be interested to hear the solution to this.

se Johannes Genberg Replied 5 years ago

I'm not a programmer or developer, so I'm not sure what to do. But I have a dummy account you can use and try it yourself. To where do I send the login information?

Please read my last comment again. You may also provide dummy account for your website.

Glad to help. What should I do?

Please share a detailed log , and screenshot of console, that error you provided in insufficient to come up on any conclusion.

This is what I got when I edited a comment:

Empty string passed to getElementById().

Can be several reasons post and comment edit shouln't take you to new page, there is something wrong with your javascript. Try to go to newsfeed page and share developers console error log

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions