INSTALLER ISSUE - php error

remigiusz szyndler Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Zero length string call ... here is the apache log dump

here is an error I am getting - code untouched

[Wed Feb 26 06:33:20.658540 2020] [php7:notice] [pid 25366] [client 5.173.171.126:45316] Error: Length must be greater than 0 in /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php:764\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php(764): opensslrandompseudobytes()\n#1 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.initialize.php(201): ossnstringdecrypt()\n#2 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.initialize.php(63): ossnpowlnkargs()\n#3 /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php(258): ossninitialize()\n#4 /var/www/html/system/start.php(39): ossntriggercallback()\n#5 /var/www/html/installation/pages/account.php(12): requireonce('/var/www/html/s...')\n#6 /var/www/html/installation/libraries/ossn.install.php(76): include('/var/www/html/i...')\n#7 /var/www/html/installation/libraries/ossn.install.php(153): ossninstallationinclude()\n#8 /var/www/html/installation/index.php(32): ossninstallationpage()\n#9 {main}, referer: https://studio.mixmasters.tech/installation/?page=settings

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

Which PHP version are you using?

Polish Remigiusz szyndler Replied 4 years ago

what is the proper code to fix the issue and replace my pseudo=Patch" ?

[Wed Feb 26 06:33:20.658540 2020] [php7:notice] [pid 25366] [client 5.173.171.126:45316] Error: Length must be greater than 0 in /var/www/html/libraries/ossn.lib.system.php:764

Yes - it stopped the install with a reddish background notice to mail the admin of portal. now all worlks now but i am affraid due to my lack of understanding of ossn and my pseudo"-patch" somethin gwill go wrong in the future

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

From what I see in your log this is only a PHP notice.
So did it really stop continuing your installation at this point?

please dont laugh but I just wanted to make it go :

$size    = openssl_cipher_iv_length('bf-ecb');
$mcgetvi = 64; //openssl_random_pseudo_bytes($size); <<-- this returns zero which in turn causes an error
//note mcrypt and now this acting mcrpyt adds the spaces to make 16 bytes if its less then 16 bytes
//you can use trim() to get orignal data without spaces
return openssl_decrypt($string, "bf-ecb", $key, OPENSSL_RAW_DATA | OPENSSL_NO_PADDING, $mcgetvi);
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

You did exactly what?

I hardcoded it to 64 byte size and I KNOW its wrong -- :/// is there a decent fix ???

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

I can see that the website is working , seems the old error.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions