A couple component requests

Serra Amaru Posted in Component Development 4 years ago

These are just a few ideas I thought of to possibly improve my own site and maybe it will help out others and their sites too? I dont know how to code so I dont know which ones are possible they're just ideas.

1. A way to reorganize Groups and photos in galleries. (For example- I have the news group at the bottom of the list- to get it to the TOP- I have to delete it- delete all the other groups- then make it first...I'd rather just be able to reorganize them by either drag and drop maybe? Or those up down arrows?)

1. Tabs on the home page that show either All site posts, friends posts, or your own posts.

2. Notification/latest posts to groups- When someone posts a new post in a group you're in/own you get a notification -can possibly turn this on and off?-, as well as showing the latest poster on the groups page... (so for example- It says :

--Group name--
By Username (as in who created it)
Last post by: Username -at time-
)

And possibly a thing for the side bar that shows the last couple posts in it? Like the Latest member/newest friends widgets

4.A better event calendar- one that will keep track of the users birthdays, and where you can create your own events and have them recurr each year.

1. The ability for you to allow autojoining in a group or have to accept them. (maybe public groups are auto join -when they click to join-? and private you need to accept their request?)

2. Ability to change the icons I want to make my own icons- and use those... so an easy way to change them would be nice.

3. Ability to upload your own smilies/change the emojis on the like button. again..I'd like to customize these easier.

1. Easier way to change the Colors on the site. For example I'm using the "go blue theme." but I'd like to be able to change the colors/background/menu colors etc.. easier. I saw a thing that was made for Elgg that did this.. can we bring that here?

Thats all I can think of for now... Again I dont know if these are possible.. and theres no rush XD I know coding takes time.. but I appreciate you even reading this.

thank you for all your hard work so far.

Note: I know the numbers are probably not correct... it kept changing them as I was typing... I tried to fix them with the right numbers but eh... after the 10th time I gave up.. so sorry about that.

Replies
gb Eamonn Faulkner Replied 3 years ago

I would happily contribute (financially) to development of all of these ideas if possible.