Don't want my posts on the wall

Fikri Sami Posted in Technical Support 4 years ago

Anything I post in my profile page also appears on the wall.
I do not want that.
What I publish on my profile should be on my profile page only.
If I want to publish on the wall, then I go publish there.
Is there a way to fix this?

Replies
us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

Theyador Leeper
No body is bashing anybody in here. Your solution doesn't make his "Posts" private tho. It also prevent Every single user from displaying their profile and cover updates in the news. Without even giving them an option.

When you update Cover or profile pic, you can just delete that post. Just hit the red link. Done!

Look here:
so·cial net·work
noun
noun: social network; plural noun: social networks

a dedicated website or other application which enables users to communicate with each other by posting information, comments, messages, images, etc.

Am I missing something? is this OSPN? Private network? You don't invite people to a party, so every one can sit in their own room.

He can use groups as personal private blog easy.

Changes to ones personal profile picture for instance should not
necessarily be blasted onto the news feed wall.. My profile picture is
not news..

Some people change profile picture exactly for that reason, so people can see it and comment(socializing). People will see your pictures regardless. What's the point of even creating Social Site?

us Theyadora Leeper Replied 4 years ago

The easy way Mr Sami is this.

To prevent photo going to wall.
edit the file..' components/OssnProfile/actions/photo/upload.php
comment (//) out line 38

$profile->addPhotoWallPost($file->owner_guid, $resize->{0}->guid);

to

//$profile->addPhotoWallPost($file->owner_guid, $resize->{0}->guid);

To prevent cover going to wall.
edit the file..' components/OssnProfile/actions/cover/upload.php
comment (//) out line 34

$ossnprofile->addPhotoWallPost($file->owner_guid, $newcover->{0}->guid, 'cover:photo');

to

//$ossnprofile->addPhotoWallPost($file->owner_guid, $newcover->{0}->guid, 'cover:photo');
us Theyadora Leeper Replied 4 years ago

What is it with the negative snarky responses from (usually the same few) members here. Mr Fikri Sami has a legitimate point. Changes to ones personal profile picture for instance should not necessarily be blasted onto the news feed wall.. My profile picture is not news.. Neither is Mr Samis.. What he asked is a perfectly sensible question and deserves a better response than this garbage. If you cant or do not intend to offer any assistance then maybe you could find other jobs to do.
Come on Arsalan, are you watching. ??

Then why publish on your page at all? How about just not writing anything? If you need personal Diary or a Journal, just create a Group, that only you can write and see your Poems. Done!

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

I can see no good reason to "fix" it.
Ossn is a community software and no personal/private archiving system.
That is: I'm posting something to let OTHER MEMBERS know that I posted something - and not to hide my stuff.

Isnt there an option to make ur posts private or public, next to post button?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions