How do I reduce the width of the displayed page?

john saleeby Posted in General Discussion 4 years ago

I am using theme greenbygreen
site url: http://simpleguy.net/ossn

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

I would recommend to install manually since we don't know these auto installers have correct stuff inside or not. I have received your email without any login details to same free hosting. I will let you know if i find anything.

us Roman Lohov Replied 4 years ago

Cause I'm the guy with the "No friends online" issue.

John saleeby
Should of registered and friend "Test" user. for testing purposes.

Site: simpleguy.net/ossn

Login: test
pass: test
I see, now. Don't change nothing in css. Let Arsalan Shah install it for ya.

Since I cannot see the issue he is seeing, Arsalan, let us know what was going on if you find something. Curious to see what he was talking about.

us John saleeby Replied 4 years ago

I'm not interpreting OSSN chat at all just installing the site (12 or 15 times now) sometimes manually sometimes with the installer, on paid hosts (2) free hosts (3 or 4) with the same result. I've even installed an earlier version with same result.
I installed it (this last time) on A2hosting's Softaculous. Since it didn't work any better than elsewhere I've cancelled the account. It's still on simpleguy.net/ossn installed on their softacoulous.
I'll send the details you requested. Thank you

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

John unsatisfactory seems, there is issue with the way you interpreting the OSSN chat or the way you installing.

1. If you installed OSSN yourself manually not any auto installer. then,
  2. You can send us the cpanel login details and website administrator details at [email protected] we shall take a look.

Cause I'm the guy with the "No friends online" issue. Which is partially solved when you minimize the window.
BTW I signed up at A2hosting (listed on the OSSN site as a OSSN host) and got the VERY same unsatisfactory result.
I couldn't complete the "bug" report recommended on the closed stream cause I'm to old and incompetent.

Thank you, I'll see

themes/THEME/plugins/default/css/core/default.php not sure about green, but probably there.

It's really a css trick, you can wrap the whole site with div and set the width. Like I said, not knowing the reason why you trying to do it, hard to explain.

Thanks where do I find: body, html {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
or do I create it, if so where

I really don't see the reason to do so, as the page adjusts itself as the screen increases or decreases. But you can play around with

body, html {
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;

Maybe add padding-left, padding-right. Depends what you trying to see.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions