Ffmpeg list located and uploads work but the video does not play or buffer?

Mark Lashmar Posted in Performance and Scalability 4 years ago

Hi team,
I have recently upgraded my ossn to a VPS server and all is working fine just one small detail is bothering me
The FFMPEG is loaded, all works well except when it comes to playback.
The video does not play. Could you give me an indication what I need to do, please.
At times I get an error message "error loading his resource"
Thanks
Mark

Replies
Zuang Mark Lashmar Replied 4 years ago

Hi Z
Thanks for the information. I checked the data folder and could not find anything in the sub directory Objects that matches the video. Over 10k folders. It did not write or store the video although it say it has been loaded successfully. I am going to check the video script to see where it is placing the videos so that I can narrow down the fault.
Thank you for your help.
Regards
Mark

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 4 years ago

Okay Mark,
let's verify whether the video in question is playable in your browser at all ...
1. choose any video on your site and have a look at the corresponding url. it should look something like:

https://YOURSITE/video/view/645/VIDEONAME

Remember the number, in this example 645
2. Login to your VPS by FTP, SSH ... whatever ... and enter your OSSN data directory
3. Proceed to the subdirectory object/645/video/file
and you should find your video file, named something like 5a970d2f94fa88d16dd245a161caa568.mp4
4. open a new browser window and (according to my example) enter the following link

https://YOURSITE/video/file/645/YOUR_HEX_CODE.mp4

Actually, a link like that is what the player will receive.
So, if the browser will play the file flawlessly, we need to investigate further why the player is not able to fetch the resource...

Hi Arsalan

I have installed ossn on an linux CentOS7 server. The root is /usr/local/bin/ and ossn has found the ffmpeg.
When you upload the video video is loaded and converted but after success it will produce the thumbnail and the ossn media play is posted. However once you click on the video to play it will have a short loading icon then stop. In the left top hand corner the error message will appear. "error loading his resource" however the playbar loading will still be active only if the mouse is on the thumbnail
I have the latest Video version (video 5.7) as I updated the site with the premum 5.2 software.
I cannot find the reason why the video will not play. Busy checking the conf files to see if anything is not in place.
Thank you for your concern
Stay safe, Mark

Thanks Z I will ask the IP to fix the problem. I was not sure if there was a mistake on my side.
Thank you much appreciated for your assistance.

Mark

Good I have asked,
because that means: you have a general problem with the server/player.
Ffmpeg is only involved in the uploading/converting process. And since your older videos have been converted already, they should play.
Honestly myself I'm not really firm with that component, but hopefully your log will help Arsalan to get an idea.

Hi there,
@ Z no they do not play. Error message as reported. I will enable the reporting and get the error message.
@ Arsalan its the linux path /usr/local/bin/ and the ffmpeg is found! "FFMPEG Binary found at /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg"
Thanks Guys

Okay,
so you migrated your old site to a new server and I assume you were using the video component with your former site already.
So, what about the videos you uploaded and converted BEFORE migrating? Do they still play flawlessly?

If yes, please enable Error Reporting from your Ossn admin backend, upload a new small video and provide the error_log file

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 4 years ago

What is your ffmpeg path? what is the control panel name?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions