• [E] Callback for cache create #1834
  • [E] allow a message instance in 'messages', 'message:smilify' hook #1829
  • [B] Wrong Notifications because of 'notification:participants' #1822
  • [B] delete annotation should have default parameter id 0 #1819
  • [E] placeholder for input/dropdown #1813
  • [B] issue with account setting profile tabs #1812
  • [E] phpmailer updated to 6.x
  • [B] Get correct fileguid instead of metadata id #1835
  • [E] New lines didn't appears on post/view/.. #1821 (fixed v5.5)
  • [E] Stop user sending message to himself #1836
  • [E] we should get rid of hardcoded styles #1816
Replies
gb Kevin B Replied 3 years ago

That seems to have done the trick :) I deleted everything - restored the DB from the backup - copied the "configuration" folder... applied the content of the latest ZIP - and upgrade worked perfectly this time thanks :)

I noticed that the OssnServices component isn't included in the new release - so it was orphaned in the component list in admin dashboard even though its an "Ossn*" component.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

I updated instructions a bit, you seems missing .htaccess file. Simply copy installation/configs/htaccess.dist

There is a new build ossn-v5.6-1605294860.zip you my try that.

I just ran through the steps in the "How to upgrade OSSN" one by one... and it broke.

I have database and site backups, so its not a problem. But thought you should know something odd happened.

After backing everything up, and then deleting everything (except the configuration folder and the ossn_data folder), I copied in the content of the new version. It says in the instructions to copy everything but doesn't say whether to overwrite the existing files that you were supposed to keep in the configuration folder... I allowed it to overwrite the files.

I then visited /upgrade/upgrade.php

It stalled on a white screen for roughly 1 second, before redirecting to /adminstrator with an error 404.

Trying to visit anywhere on the site gave me a 404 error. (I still had my tab logged in as Admin to retain the session cookies).

So to experiment, I then copied in the entire contents of my backup site - overwriting everything - and the site started working.

However, on the dashboard it said OSSN Files version 5.5 and OSSN Version 5.6. So i'm guessing it had successfully ran some db patches - but failed on the site files?

I then copied the entire contents of the 5.6 download over the site - overwriting everything... and the site is back up and running with OSSN Files and OSSN version both showing 5.6.

There were no errors in the error_log.

No errors in the PHP Log

Should I just delete the upgrade and installation folders and assume everything is ok to continue?

🤣 🤣 🤣

There is no change in /themes

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Yeah!
Looks like these changes don't have impact on themes?. That's fine.

awesome! thanks :)

This version have some enhancements forexample If you block user, he won't be able to see your posts.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions