Keep Login Credentials

ed m Posted in Performance and Scalability 3 years ago

Hello,
Is there a way to increase the Session Duration? Recently I made a webview app of my site but it logs users out every few hours. I need to keep them logged in until they log out or until a long time passes.
Thanks in advance.

Replies
gr Ed m Replied 3 years ago

Arsalan thanks for your reply. I'm aware of this component, however i don't think it is included in the premium ossn packages.
Philip thanks, I saw that solution too but it didn't work for me. Maybe it has something to do with the innactivity of the users rather than a fixed timeout. Maybe I should approach this issue from inside the app's code (eg cookies).

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

You may see : https://www.softlab24.com/product/view/1692/auto-login in case you are paid user it is already include in their product.

us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

Apache server settings? Keep alive? I saw a few ways to do it based on what the setup may be. I had the same problem with some web apps I was testing. What ended up working for me, on any of the apps I've been testing, that keeps the user logged in until they manually log out was adding the following

<ifModule mod_headers.c>
Header set Connection keep-alive
</ifModule>

to the .htaccess file in my "public_html" folder.

Works for me.