Android Webview App?

Steven Legg Posted in Performance and Scalability 3 years ago

Hey Y'all,

Hope you have had a great start to the new year! For those of you who have ventured into app territory (specifically Android)...have you had any trouble doing a webview app? I can get every other website to run through the webview code, but when I try to run my OSSN by Softlab site through the emulator I get a blank white page. Yes, I know I could pay softlab for an app, but I enjoy learning and also the cost of adding that through Softlab is just not in the cards at the moment.

I also understand that the users don't need a native app...that doesn't change the fact that they want the app and have been quite vocal about it.

I have tried using the sites like GoNative and AppsGeyser and run into a similar issue with their free emulator. Is their something in the OSSN files that is blocking the site from loading through an app I build myself?

Replies
us Philip Lozier Replied 3 years ago

Go to codecanyon and look for "rocket web". They have an app that you can test your website out on. With other "services" they all seemed to be lacking... problems returning from external pages, only being able to upload one photo at a time, other display problems, etc. Testing in the Rocket Web test app everything worked PERFECT. I bought the template, am editing it in Android Studio, Fairly straight forward once I figured out Android Studio. Also... it has firebase and onesignal support built in, and you can add pretty much anything you want to it. Gonna finish editing it tonight, build, and then replace the current app on Google Play Store. After that, I'm going to see if somebody can tell me hoe to get user notifications working. Probably gonna have to look elsewhere, cuz I doubt I'll get help with it here. You should take a look at it... codecanyon has LOTS of cool stuff, man!

Phil

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

The problem is with your server (maybe security policy) not allowing it. Ask your Server Admin to look into it that you can not embed your website anywhere.

us Steven Legg Replied 3 years ago
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 3 years ago

What is your website URL?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions