Get Email Addresses from users mail contacts

William Shoap Posted in Component Development 3 years ago

After launching 3 weeks ago, I have about 200 members. This is ok. The life blood of social networks is membership growth and momentum. Momentum in growth is aided by ease of sharing. OSSN “Invite Friends” could use a simple change, which would be the addition of a button to import email addresses from the users gmail account, hotmail account or one or more of the BIG free email providers that people most commonly have. This would make it far easier for the end users who won’t use the Invite Friends function because it takes too many steps to copy and past emails. The Invite Friends works good, but adding this would help our social networks spread faster. This is feedback from some of my users. I have seen many php scripts listed on the internet that can do this. They don’t look long and cumbersome. I am wondering if one of these can be used under a button event to pull valid email addresses, preview them, allow the user to delete the addresses he doesn’t want and put them in comma separated form in the text box.

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Ok, then I put it that way:
How should Ossn' know about' / access the users current email contacts in gmail, hotmail, outlook, etc ?

You wrote "I have seen many php scripts listed on the internet that can do this."
Please provide the exact links to working examples.

us William Shoap Replied 3 years ago

Correct, this is to invite NEW people that are in the users current email contacts in gmail, hotmail, outlook, etc

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

I'm sorry ... can't really follow...
The Invite Friends function is meant to invite NEW people who are currently NOT already part of your community.
Thus, how should Ossn know which email addresses they may have?

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions