Ads Inserter - no reaction to clicks/touch other than URL.

Philip Lozier Posted in Component Development 3 years ago

I have already posted about this in the Ads Inserter download thread, but no response.

With the OSSN Ads manager, the ads that appear in the right sidebar all have clickable/touchable reaction for the ad image, ad description, and the URL displayed that takes you to the page set up in the ads manager.

Ads Inserter does not. The only portion that will take you where it needs to go is the actual displayed URL itself. This is not at all good behavior for the component and renders it almost useless... especially when trying to be used for mobile users, where the sidebar ads do not show.

Is there a way to go about making the behavior of the ads inserter exactly the same as the OSSN Ads in the sidebar? Anybody willing to do a fix on it, for which I will pay, as there has been no response from anybody who is maintaining it?

As far as I am concerned, the current state of Ads Inserter is POOR in functionality, and yes... i am getting OSSN frustration again, because few people seem to take anything done for it past the "proof of concept" into something that is actually usable as it seems to be implied it will work. Very frustrating.

regards,

Phil

Replies
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 3 years ago

Thanks for giving that hint, Michieal.

To be honest, I coded it like that because personally I hate ads.
Yeah, imagining that the entire row on a mobile newsfeed would become a touchable hotspot seemed just terrifying for me. And that's why I reduced the clickable area and this way leaving a good chance to not open that ad unintentionally. ;)

us Michieal ~ Coder ~ Replied 3 years ago

There's a quick fix for this. Edit the code, and put everything in the ad section into the link area.
I'd give a code example but, I'm in the middle of working on something else at the moment.
But, the easiest way to find what you are looking for is to use a browser on your computer, right click the ad, and click inspect. Then, look at the class="" in the html tag, copy what's in the quotes (minus something like ads-inserter-ad223 <- the ad223 is tacked on...) and search the ads component for that string.
Look for the html file that has that string in it, and move things around in there. Test it until it works like you want.
-M.

Shona Sibel Ahmed Replied 3 years ago

Hello dear,
I'm Mrs. Sibel from Turkey, this is Important please email me back ( [email protected] )
thanks,I will be waiting to hear from you soon