How to Change or Make Favicon in OSSN

Eng Acs Posted in Theme Development 9 years ago

Hi i am Eng Acs
Please Help me
i want to change or Make favicon in my website OSSN
Thanks

Replies
us Jeremy Monroe Replied 9 years ago

@Syed It isn't wrong. I have it setup on my site as I say and it works as should. It automatically populated all the favicon icons as it should have. It didn't break my site nor would it. It is only adding information for the browswer to know where the respective images are stored.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 9 years ago

@Jeremy Monroe, your method is total wrong and will break your site, please don't edit any core file.

I'll create a component soon.

us Jeremy Monroe Replied 9 years ago

Works flawlessly. If you use the site specified above by Zet Man, then in System/start.php, just past the lines of code realfavicongenerator.net tells you to copy above the starting php tag and save the file and overwrite.

Example:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="/apple-touch-icon-57x57.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="/apple-touch-icon-60x60.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="/apple-touch-icon-72x72.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="/apple-touch-icon-76x76.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="/apple-touch-icon-144x144.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="/apple-touch-icon-152x152.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="/apple-touch-icon-180x180.png">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-32x32.png" sizes="32x32">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/android-chrome-192x192.png" sizes="192x192">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-96x96.png" sizes="96x96">
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="/favicon-16x16.png" sizes="16x16">
<link rel="manifest" href="/manifest.json">
<meta name="msapplication-TileColor" content="#da532c">
<meta name="msapplication-TileImage" content="/mstile-144x144.png">
<meta name="theme-color" content="#ffffff">
<?php
/**
 * OpenSource-SocialNetwork
 * @package   OpenSource-SocialNetwork
 * @author    Informatikon Core Team <[email protected]>
 * @copyright 2014 iNFORMATIKON TECHNOLOGIES
 * @license   General Public Licence http://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/licence
 * @link      http://www.informatikon.com/
 */
German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Simply upload a file named "favicon.ico" via FTP to your OSSN installation directory. That's all.

There's a nice tool at http://realfavicongenerator.net/

And don't get confused by all those additional icon files and lines of code: You won't really need them as long as OSSN isn't ready for mobile devices.

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

@Zet Man that is a good point but all I have ever seen is php websites with an index.php and index.html but most of the index.html files I have seen where empty...But like I said I can only go by my past experience.

German Michael Zülsdorff Replied 9 years ago

Basically correct, Steve. But what to do if a system - like OSSN - has no index.html at all? ;)

Perhaps Sathish is willing to integrate this stuff into the Metatags component? (Which still comes with the wrong tag "revisit" - reported 3 weeks ago)

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

What you have to do is go to a website that makes or has pre made Favicon's and once you find or make your own then it will show you the favicon that you will download then it will show you a couple of lines that you will need to copy and paste into your index.html file and you will need to place the favicon file in the same folder as the index.html file...Then you are done.