Open Source Social Network?

Allon Prooit Posted in General Discussion 1 year ago

I started using OSSN about 3 years ago when it was OSSN 5.0. I felt it was the best social networking software to make of use of because it was called open source and came with the potential to be built up to be godlike among social networking schemas. I overlooked the misspellings, the improper grammar, and the like because I believed in the quality of what seemed like a nice swiss-made watch of a thing. Now some 3 years later I am out thousands of dollars worth of time, and investment and left with a product that I can't get support for unless I upgrade to 6.6 and lose years of good solid customizations of what I thought was open source software. The project "owner" Arsalan has indicated that this product of his is not "open source" but rather closed source and proprietary when purchased as a premium product. What should I say? I will keep working to make my version of OSSN 5.6 work to the best of my ability. I will continue to post components to my github for those of you who are like me to use and make changes to. I am sorry I can't upgrade to OSSN 6.6 despite having already paid for it. The upgrade fails, the primary buttons don't work, and I keep having to fall back to 5.6 time and time again. I wish it would work, but something isn't quite right with my dedicated server service or something along those lines. I'll probably try to upgrade one last time in the future, 3rd times a charm right? Regardless, I am taken aback that the creator of OSSN has decided to say that it isn't really an open source software option. I would like an apology before this topic gets closed. More so, I would like the OSSN community to respond as a whole. This is open source! Is it not?

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

Good luck with your Gold Allon and Thanks for offering us. We will continue the support for new version for you for the bugs.

enter image description here

And have a nice time bye!

I will no more answer this thread.

In your other thread you said

Give me a break. I took the OPEN SOURCE system you sold me and made it gold! Now, if I want your help you expect me to upgrade to a new one that doesn't keep any of my lovely open source changes.

Sorry but it didn't work like this, you made it Gold , now please don't offer you gold to us Its for you only. You are free to play with your Gold because you made it.

I hope you understand

Please don't turn this into and argument maybe you need to read my last reply again what I said the openteknik version you are using is not same as free version they have own license which is not a open source license. The upgrade fails because you didn't followed what is said in upgrade.

You want any apology ? what do you mean?

Please don't mix open source with commercial things. You are taking my words into word direction and trying to imply totally different.

You are customizing and doing what you want no one stopping you but please don't except us to fix your customizations because you think we MUST help you with it because you are using outdated version of your own.

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions