Please help me add a static link to the front end footer

Colby Jenkins Posted in General Discussion 1 year ago

I would like to add a static link to a contact page on the front end of the site. I downloaded the older add a page component but V6. does not recognize it as valid (maybe because it is missing ossn_chk.md5 file). I don't really need to be able to edit it from admin.

Hello world is a nice example but does not, that I can see, touch the footer portion.

All I really need to know is where I might add a valid html <a href> which can be in html or php. I can handle either.

Replies
us Colby Jenkins Replied 1 year ago

While I feel sure that what Allon said would work in the short term, I am going to repeat part of the comment that I left on the component page. The component that Arsalan suggest was a painless install, worked perfectly and I hope ensures that I have one less mod to update when I need to upgrade the scripts. I only missed it when looking because I was searching for a way to add links. Duh. menus are links. Me bad.

I learned along time ago you can reinvent the wheel but why would you want to do so?

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

@Allon I am trying to save people here for redone work and time. Otherwise they are welcome to do what they wish.

us Allon Prooit Replied 1 year ago

Awe Arsalan, it's a minor coding change. Can be easily redone after upgrade. You know this!

us Colby Jenkins Replied 1 year ago

Thank you both for the replies. I will consider both of them carefully. Both are a lot less painful than what I was about to do. :)

Not my first rodeo so I am well aware that any mods will need to be updated with a system update. I keep a change log to minimize the pain and do my best to keep the mods to an absolute minimum.

Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 1 year ago

No please don't do what Allon mentioned it will be overwritten during upgrade. You can use https://www.opensource-socialnetwork.org/component/view/3377/menubuilder to add links in footer and other places.

us Allon Prooit Replied 1 year ago

Go to and open... themes/(theme_name)/plugins/default/theme/page/elements/footer.php There you will find a place to put your code. Hoping this helps!