Why is cloudflare in the code?

Mick Dawlings Posted in Technical Support 5 months ago

I see this in the source of the page. We prefer to never use external third parties on our sites unless we are fully aware of them. Can someone tell me why this is being used and how to remove that, any Google, any other third party companies that we might not be aware of.

It kind of looks like that's what is being used for the caching which means they are getting all kinds of information we might not want to share.

https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/fancybox/3.5.7/jquery.fancybox.min.css

Replies
Indonesian Arsalan Shah Replied 5 months ago

...yet it actually does share data with external third parties

No where I said that and nor there is such a thing.

us Mick Dawlings Replied 5 months ago

Ok, thanks. I'll do more digging. Obviously, I will be liable if I promise that a site is non profiling yet it actually does share data with external third parties.

I don't remember anything like that for fancybox library, its better to contact fancybox support and the cloudflare support to find out if they take out any data?

My question however is wanting to know what is being sent to cloudflare.
I just need to understand this otherwise I'm promising things I cannot deliver.

I understand this is just a library loaded using CDN,

No, I understand that it's a fundamental part of the code. I just wanted to know about cloudflare.
One of my sites promises to be non profiling but you know that sites like cloudflare sell everything they can of course.

It is part of the core. But you may remove in code if you doesn't want this library. It should be in javascript library.
I hope you would not ask why we using JQuery, FontAwesome, Jquery UI, and other JQuery plugins.

I see no component installed that mentions anything about fancybox, which would it be relating to?

JQuery fancy box is used for the gallery view. You can read more about what is jQuery fancybox plugin on fancybox website.