Auto suggest search system like Facebook

Paritosh Pandey Posted in Component Development 9 years ago

I've developed auto suggest system for Ossn. When you'll start typing in Search box (for searching peopel) the auto suggest list will automatically get appeared.

enter image description here

NOTE 1 :- As per Mr. Arsalan we should not alter any core files so you guys be careful while implementing this script.

NOTE 2 :- Sorry Mr. Arsalan as I've not created component for this script bcoz I don't know much about component development. But I think Ossn Users need this script, so I'm providing this script which needs altering a core file. So you guys don't worry about it this script not gonna harm your website at all, you guys just've to replace a bit of codes to mine.

NOTE 3 :- Suppose if you guys gonna upgrade your website in future then you've to implement this script again.

HOW TO IMPLEMENT AUTO SUGGEST SEARCH SYSTEM

1. First of all you've to Download this zip file, extract it and you'd find a folder named "ajax-search" , you just've to upload this folder to root dir.

2. navigate through this folder "themes >> default >> plugins >> default >> theme >> page" , edit the page.php file and press "Ctrl + F" then search for bellow code.(check out image bellow for better assistance)

click here to see code
3. Now you just've to replace the whole codes displaying under red rectangle with bellow one(see image bellow)
click here to see codes

enter image description here

HERE IS THE DEMO
username- ossndemo
password- ossndemo

Replies
in Paritosh Pandey Replied 9 years ago

this script is only for above 3.x ossn versions

us Stephen Becker Replied 9 years ago

Flushing the cache did not work, and whatever the newest version is.

Stephen try flush cache, it should work
what version of ossn you are using by the way?

us Stephen Becker Replied 9 years ago

I'm getting this error "Warning: sessionstart(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home4/stringus/publichtml/ajax-search/includes/db.php:2) in /home4/stringus/public_html/system/start.php on line 11"

ng Abayomi Oladipupo Replied 9 years ago

Thank you patriosh,
But this code is not working for my own website at all
Please log on http://facemechat.com and log in with
Username: beulahltd
Password: jascom01
To see what am saying
If there is any you can do for me about it, please mail me to [email protected] and I forward you cPanel login details for the correction
Thanks once again

us Steve Elkins Replied 9 years ago

This works great but it only searches people and not groups...The facebook search searches for both

you are most welcome Kote bregvanze !

ge Kote bregvanze Replied 9 years ago

thanks paritosh for me it works great

Premium Version

Due to the many requests in the past for additonal features and components we have decided to develope a premium version. Features like Hashtags, Videos, Polls, Events, Stories, Link Preview, etc included in it.

$199 (Life Time)
Learn More

Other Questions